Privacy notice – Corporate Complaints Casework
What we do
We investigate and respond to complaints you have about the Council's services including any further complaints to an Ombudsman. This does not relate to 'Statutory Complaints' (e.g. for Social Care services).
What information we collect
Personal data we may collect includes your:
- name (in all cases)
- contact details (in all cases)
- financial details (where relevant to the complaint)
- date of birth (where relevant to the complaint)
- national insurance number (where relevant to the complaint)
Special personal data we may collect includes your:
- physical or mental health details (where relevant to the complaint)
- racial or ethnic origin (where relevant to the complaint)
- offences, including alleged offences (where relevant to the complaint)
Agencies we might share the information with
- Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman
- Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
- Information Commissioner's Office
- Partners of London Borough of Lewisham where they may hold data relevant to your complaint
Why we process your information
We require this personal data to process your complaint. If we do not have access to it we may not be able to respond fully to your complaint.
The legal basis for using your personal data is necessary for a task in the public interest.
The legal basis for using your special personal data is substantial public interest.
How long will your data be kept?
Your data will be held for the remainder of the financial year when the complaint was closed, then for an additional financial year (maximum of two years, minimum of one year) before deletion.