Lewisham Strategic Partnership
The LSP partners want to make Lewisham a better place for everyone who lives, works, studies, or spends time here. The LSP first met in July 2022.
What we do together
The partners in the LSP work together to:
- Develop a shared vision for the future of Lewisham
- Develop the environmental, economic, and social life of the area
- Contribute to a positive and sustainable future
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce inequalities
- Support the needs and aspirations of our communities
- Encourage closer working between different partners
- Deliver responsive, equitable, inclusive, and effective services.
Our LSP priorities
The LSP has agreed four priorities. They are:
- Race and equality
- Opportunities and investment
- Cost of living
- Climate emergency
The priorities will be in place until spring 2024.
The LSP will work with communities to produce a new community strategy. The community strategy will set the LSP priorities from spring 2024.
The LSP has three parts:
The full LSP
The biggest group. It agrees the overall priorities for the LSP. It meets three times a year. The Mayor of Lewisham chairs the full LSP.
The LSP steering group
The LSP steering group makes sure that the LSP achieves its goals. It meets 6 or 7 times a year. The chief executive of the Council chairs the LSP Steering Group. The LSP steering group includes:
- One Cabinet member
- Senior representatives from:
- London Fire Brigade
- Metropolitan Police
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- South London and Maudsley NHS Trust
- South East London NHS (ICS)
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Lewisham College
- Trinity Laban
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- South East London Chamber of Commerce
- Lewisham Homes
- Phoenix Community Housing
- The Albany
- Lewisham Local
Thematic working groups
Thematic working groups agree work plans and deliver them together. There is one group for each LSP priority. They meet regularly. The groups are chaired by a partner and a Cabinet member from the Council.
The terms of reference give more detail.