Exercise and fitness in parks
Due to national COVID-19 restrictions, outdoor sports courts, outdoor gyms, outdoor swimming pools and athletics tracks are closed. Organised outdoor sport for disabled people can continue. Find out more about the national lockdown on the Government's website.
Cricket, football, tennis, skate parks and even petanque – there are many ways to access sport in our parks.
Sports pitches and courts
Sports pitches and courts are available for free use or hire.
- See sports pitches and courts available in Lewisham.
- Find out about hiring the pitch facilities and pavilions.
Outdoor gym facilities
There are outdoor gyms in:
Fitness sessions in parks
- British Military Fitness, Blackheath
- Swift Fitness
- Miracle Fitness
- Pushy mothers in Manor House Gardens
- Fitness for mummies.
Fitness trails are a series of exercise stations in a park setting. You can complete them as part of a run or other outdoor exercise circuits.
Fitness trails are available in the following parks:
Running groups and routes
- Beckenham Place Park parkrun
- Catford parkrun
- Hilly Fields parkrun
- Hilly Fields Junior parkrun
- 321 marked running route.
Walking in our beautiful parks is great for relaxation or fitness.