Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Looking after someone else's child

Kinship carers, special guardians, foster carers, supported lodgings and adoption.


Could you provide the love and stability a child needs? We are looking for people who have a place in their home and their heart to foster a child or a young person.


Start your journey and adopt with us.

Special Guardianship

A special guardianship is a court order that gives someone long-term, legal responsibility for a child they already have a relationship with.

Kinship care

Relatives and family friends can sometimes provide care for children because their parents are unable to do so.

Offer supported lodging for a young care leaver

Information for people who are interested in offering accommodation to young care leavers.