Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Landlords and letting agents

Tell us about a change in occupancy of a property you own or manage.​

If you are a landlord or letting agent, you need to keep us informed of all tenancy changes as soon as they happen. This allows us to send accurate council tax bills out and to the correct people.

There are two circumstances when you are responsible for paying the council tax:

  • when your property is empty
  • if your property is rented to several people as a HMO