Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Housing complaints procedure

What happens when you make a complaint.

How to make a complaint

Council properties are managed by Lewisham Council. If you have a complaint, you should contact the service you are unhappy with.

If you are a Lewisham Council tenant or leaseholder (this includes properties previously managed by Lewisham Homes) please use the Lewisham Council Housing Service complaints process.

You can view a list of social landlords who own and manage social housing stock in the borough. You should contact your landlord directly if you wish to make a complaint. 

The Housing Ombudsman

You can contact the Housing Ombudsman about your complaint at any time during the complaints process, and they may be able to investigate how we dealt with the matter. The contact details for the Housing Ombudsman Service are:

Housing Ombudsman Self-Assessment

In line with Housing Ombudsman requirements, we have completed self-assessments of our complaints process, alongside our partner management organisation Regenter B3. The assessments are available to view below.