Order copies of certificates
Order a certificate from us
- order a birth certificate
- order a death certificate
- order a marriage certificate
- order a civil partnership certificate
- locating the original certificate and providing the copy: £11
- priority service: £35 - issued next working day if ordered before 2pm
If we can't issue a certificate
We won't be able to issue a copy certificate if we don't hold the entry, or can't trace it from the information you provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible.
If we can't find your certificate, we'll retain the £11 search fee, but we'll refund any priority payments, and any additional payments you've made on top of the £11 for any extra copies of the certificate.
If we can't issue the certificate, please contact the General Register Office - they hold records of births, marriages, civil partnerships and deaths registered in England and Wales since 1 July 1837.
Copies of adoption, naturalisation or gender recognition certificates
We don't provide copies of adoption, citizenship and naturalisation gender recognition certificates.
- order an adoption certificate from GOV.UK
- find out how to replace or correct a naturalisation certificate
- apply for a gender recognition certificate
Certificates for events that happened before 1940
For earlier events, you can order certificates from GOV.UK.