All media enquiries should be directed to our press desk. We can provide information, statements, photos and arrange interviews for journalists.
Guidelines for student journalists
We get a large number of enquiries from national, regional, local and specialist media. Unfortunately, this means that in many instances we may not be able to help you.
Before you contact us
Please do not contact the press desk for general information about council services or for ideas for stories. Information about services can be found on this website. If you would like information about the latest council news and activities, you can register for our regular enewsletters, follow us on Twitter @LewishamCouncil or have a look at our news page.
How to contact us
If you are a journalism student and have an enquiry, you must follow these steps:
- Email email@example.com in the first instance. Do not email individuals as they may be working away from the office or on leave. We will not answer enquiries sent to individual emails.
- Be specific about the questions you want answered and how you intend to use the information.
- Identify yourself clearly providing your name, your college, an email address and a telephone number so we can contact you easily.
- Give us your deadline and as much advance notice as possible – at least three working days.
- Do not duplicate other requests – check with your course mates about who is working on a particular story.