Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Tell us about a new or altered property

Use this form to tell us of any changes to your property that may affect the council tax band
Haven't had your council tax bill?

If you've got a MyLewisham account and have registered to view your council tax account online, you won't get a paper copy of your annual bill – it'll be available to view online instead.

If you don't have MyLewisham account, you'll get a paper copy in the post as normal.

The owner or occupier must notify the council tax valuation team when changes have taken place at their property, which may impact the council tax band of a property.

You must tell us if your property:

  • is new or is not currently included in the valuation list
  • has been demolished
  • has been split into multiple units
  • has been merged with another property
  • should be deleted from the valuation list
  • was previously commercial and has now been converted to residential

If you are a tenant of the property, we will need the name, address and contact information for:

  • any letting agent or property management company
  • the property owner

Contact us to tell us of any changes to your property that will affect your tax band:

  • if available, send us any planning or completion certificates and tenancy agreements for the property
  • if the property is a house of multiple occupation (HMO) the owner of the property will be liable to pay the council tax
  • only submit one form if you are a developer and notifying us of a new development or new block of flats