Fully funded business start-up support for entrepreneurs
If you have always wanted to start a business, or have just taken your first steps into entrepreneurship, the programme can help you get business support and turn your idea into a reality.
What you will get
You can get a range of fully funded services including:
- Fully funded quarterly workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs and early stage start-ups
- walk-in access to business resources and databases like COBRA
- one-to-one business information sessions with borough SME champions
- a programme of events, including live screenings from the British Library’s Business & IP Centre.
Once completed, you will be awarded a personalised Start-ups in London Libraries certificate.
You will also meet like-minded people and gain the confidence you need to make your business a success!
Who can take part
To take part you need to be:
- the owner of a business which is either not trading or has been registered at Companies House for less than 12 months
- an aspiring entrepreneur with a business idea you want to develop.
How to book on to a workshop
To take part, just book yourself in to a workshop by using the links below. Future workshops will be available to book nearer the time.
All SiLL workshops are currently being held online. Please email SiLL@lewisham.gov.uk in advance if you need support with access.
Core SiLL workshops
Get ready for business
- 10am–5pm, 27 April 2021. Register for the Get ready for business workshop (27 April) on Eventbrite.
- 10am–5pm, 1 June 2021. Register for the Get ready for business workshop (1 June) on Eventbrite.
What next for my business idea?
- 10am–5pm, 6 May 2021. Register for the What next for my business idea workshop (6 May) on Eventbrite.
- 10am–5pm, 10 June 2021. Register for the What next for my business idea workshop (10 June) on Eventbrite.
Additional SiLL workshops
- Part one, 10am–1pm, 26 April 2021. Register for Marketing masterclass part one (26 April) on Eventbrite.
- Part two,10am–1pm, 28 April 2021. Register for Marketing masterclass part two (28 April) on Eventbrite.
- Part one, 10am–1pm, 9 June 2021. Register for Marketing masterclass part one (9 June) on Eventbrite.
- Part two, 10am–1pm, 11 June 2021. Register for Marketing maserclass part two (11 June) on Eventbrite.
- Sales: Building a winning sales funnel, 10am–5pm, 14 May 2021. Register for the Sales: Building a winning sales funnel workshop on Eventbrite.
Find out more
Our partner library network also includes the following London boroughs: Bexley, Croydon, Greenwich, Haringey, Lambeth, Newham, Southwark, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
The project is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the British Library, ten participating London boroughs, and generously supported by JP Morgan and Arts Council England.