Apply for full plans approval
You can apply for full plans approval for all commercial building work, all new buildings and some works to an existing property (for example, an extension or loft conversion).
When to apply for full plans approval
Apply for full plans approval for:
- all commercial building work
- all new buildings
- some work to existing properties, including extensions and loft conversions.
This list is not exhaustive. Contact us if you’re not sure if you should submit a notice.
You need to pay a fee to us when you apply for full plans approval. View our building control fees.
Apply for plans approval
What happens next
After we receive your application, we will:
- send you an email confirmation with your reference number
- give you the name of your site inspector and their contact details
- process your application and check your drawings for compliance with building regulations
- write to you within three weeks with a progress report and ask you for further information, if needed
- send you our decision within five weeks, unless you have given us a three week extension.
Fourth Floor, Laurence House, 1 Catford Road, London, SE6 4RU
Published on: 01/07/2012