Apply for full plans approval
On 29 March 2023, members agreed changes to the Council’s constitution and scheme of delegation.
The new scheme will be applied to applications with a Statutory Start Date of 30 March 2023 or later. The changes are:
- 10 or more objections will be required to trigger a planning committee meeting
- A scheme with an amenity society objection will be referred to a Chairs’ Review meeting
When to apply for full plans approval
Apply for full plans approval for:
- all commercial building work
- all new buildings
- some work to existing properties, including extensions and loft conversions.
This list is not exhaustive. Contact us if you’re not sure if you should submit a notice.
You need to pay a fee to us when you apply for full plans approval. View our building control fees.
Apply for plans approval
What happens next
After we receive your application, we will:
- send you an email confirmation with your reference number
- give you the name of your site inspector and their contact details
- process your application and check your drawings for compliance with building regulations
- write to you within three weeks with a progress report and ask you for further information, if needed
- send you our decision within five weeks, unless you have given us a three week extension.