Adult education pre-course assessments
Enrolment for 2023/24 summer term courses will commence on Monday 19 February at 10am.
If you start enrolling but don't complete the process, go to ebs: ontrack, log in and look under ‘Next steps’ to resume your enrolment and make the payment.
Find out if you need to do a pre-course assessment
If you want to take one of the courses below, you need to complete a pre-course assessment before you can enrol. We will assess your skills level to ensure you are on the course right for you.
English and maths courses are free but for fee-based courses, you pay the course fees after your assessment to complete your enrolment. If you are on benefits or a low income, you can apply for reduced fees before, or on your pre-course assessment interview. You need to pay any course fees due before you start the course.
So we can check your eligibility for reduced fees and to complete your enrolment, you need to bring the following documents to your PCA appointment:-
- evidence of your identity
- evidence of benefits claimed in the last three months
Once you have completed a pre-course assessment, you are ready to enrol on a course.
- Community ESOL - stepping stone to accreditation (quote COMESOL when booking an appointment)
- Supported Learning
- Adults with sensory and physical impairments
What happens at the assessment
As part of the assessment you will:-
- bring evidence of your identity
- bring evidence of benefits claimed in the last three months (if applying for reduced or concessionary fees)
- bring evidence of low income such as bank statement or wage slip
- bring certificates of previous qualifications (for accredited courses)
- tell us about your past achievements and long-term goals
- tell us if you need extra support
- find out more about the best available course for your skills level
- sign a learner declaration enrolment form
- pay your course fees and complete enrolment
- receive details of your chosen course
How to book your assessment
For specific PCA dates and times, please refer to the course page or use the link of your chosen course above.
You can book a pre-course assessment over the phone by calling 020 8314 3300, Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm. You can also email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you to make an appointment.