Adult education pre-course assessments
Please continue to wear a face covering if you can and maintain social distance in our buildings. This includes our libraries, leisure centres and learning centres.
Find out if you need to do a pre-course assessment
If you want to take one of the courses below, you need to come to a pre-course assessment first.
- Child care level 1 and level 2
- English – all levels up to GCSE
- ESOL – all levels up to level 2
- Maths – all levels up to GCSE
- SELT preparation course for British citizenship
- Community ESOL - stepping stone to accreditation
- Supported Learning
- Adults with sensory and physical impairments
What happens at the assessment
As part of the assessment you will:
tell us about your past achievements and long-term goals
tell us if you need extra support
find out more about the best available course for your skills level
choose a classroom based or online course.
How to book your assessment
ESOL assessments take place from 21 September to 1 October. See dates and times for ESOL pre-course assessments.
English assessments take place on 24 and 27 September. See dates and times for English pre-course assessments.
Maths assessments take place from 22 September to 6 October. See dates and times for maths pre-course assessments.
You can book a pre-course assessment over the phone by calling 020 8314 6677 or 020 8314 6666 or 020 8314 3300 from Monday to Friday, 10am-3pm. You can also email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you to make an appointment.
What you need to bring to Community ESOL and ESOL assessments
So we can check your eligibility for reduced fees and to complete your enrolment, you need to bring the following documents to your appointment
- evidence of your identity
- evidence of benefits claimed in the last three months
COVID-19 safety measures
- we have reduced the number of bookings per session
- we will take photos of your document as evidence of eligibility
- if you are feeling unwell and have COVID-19 related symptoms please do not come to the centre.
How to complete your enrolment
Once you have completed a pre-course assessment, you are ready to enrol on a course.