English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) courses
Please continue to wear a face covering if you can and maintain social distance in our buildings. This includes our libraries, leisure centres and learning centres.
Why study ESOL
Studying ESOL can help you to:
- develop your English language skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- take part in everyday life in the UK and get a recognised ESOL qualification
- prepare yourself to enter further training, higher education or employment
- support your children with their homework.
Why study with us
- You’ll learn in small groups
- You’ll have access to excellent resources and technology
- You’ll be supported by qualified specialist tutors who are committed to your progress and development
- You’ll have access to additional support courses to help you improve your grammar, written and language skills using digital technology
- We offer support courses to prepare you for next steps in employment, further studies or volunteering.
What courses we offer
- £225 a term for accredited ESOL courses.
- £150 a term for new to ESOL courses.
- See if you can get concessionary fees.
Exam dates 2022–2023
- Reading: 13–14 December 2022
- Speaking and listening: 27 –30 March 2023
- Writing: 11–13 July 2023
How to enrol
To enrol on an ESOL course you need to complete a pre-course assessment (PCA). We will assess your skills level to ensure we choose the right course for you.
For fee-based courses, you pay the course fees after your assessment to complete your enrolment .
If you are on benefits or a low income, you can apply for reduced fees before or at your pre-course assessment interview.
At the Pre Course Assessment we will:-
- Check your eligibility for a concession (this can also be done at the booking stage)
- assess your skills level
- discuss your goals
- recommend the right course for you
So we can check your eligibility for reduced fees and to complete your enrolment, you need to bring the following documents either when booking your appointment or to your PCA appointment:-
- evidence of your identity
- evidence of benefits claimed in the last three months
Pre-course assessments take place throughout the year. We will publish dates when they are available.