Support available to all carers
- Your Voice in Health and Social Care (YVHSC): our partner organisation offers specialist information, advice and services to carers
- Lewisham health and social care directory: this includes information on local services, community groups and provides information and advice
- health information: advice and services that can help you prevent or self-manage a health conditions
- mental health information: access to our psychological therapies team who offer information, advice and services
- adult social care information: we have a range of information and advice services with specialist knowledge in many different areas
What you need to think about
Before you choose support it is important that you think about how your caring role affects your wellbeing and about any advice that you need in relation to:
- financial support: carer's allowance, carer's credit, tax credits, benefits and independent financial advice
- practical support: cleaning, laundry and gardening services
- health: any health needs and long term health conditions
- social: help you may need with the caring role.
The NHS and third-sector organisations, including AGE UK, produced the guidance document below for carers, especially those who are aged over 65, or are new to their caring role.