Baseline drop-in service
Covid-19: A message from the Baseline team
Whether you are self-isolating or have had your school, college or work closed, the chances are that you will be spending more time on your own.
Whatever the case, many opportunities which would have been open to you are currently on hold.
These are uncertain times but there are ways to remain positive. Think to the future, and use this time to find ways to benefit yourself.
Plan for your future
Use this time to research possible careers and job roles. At some stage everything will open up again and you might want to use this time to reflect on possible career directions
- Explore careers, find the next step in your career, take a skills assessment, get help with your CV
- Browse job profiles and learn more about what's out there
- Take a free career test to determine what jobs are best suited to your skills and interests
- Try more free career and personality tests to help you choose a career
Get skilled up
There are a lot of free online learning resources you can access without leaving the house. Gain recognised certificates, build your CV, and learn new skills so you are in a good position when things start up again.
- Open University has over 900 completely free courses (including Introductory and Levels 1,2 &3) including: Health, Sports & Psychology, Education & Development, History & The Arts, Languages, Money & Business, Nature & Environment
- Free Courses in England offers a wide range of free, Level 2 certificate & Level 2 courses including: Event Planning, Stewarding at Spectator Events, Digital Skills for Work, Principles of Business Administration, Data Protection and Data Security, Customer Services, Health and Social Care Professions, Retail Operations, Principles of Warehousing and Storage
Gain valuable work experience
Volunteering helps your local community, keeps you busy and helps you to gain valuable work experience.
Rushey Green Time Bank - join the Time Bank to exchange time and skills, benefiting you, your neighbours and your local community! RGTB will be a leading partner with Lewisham Council providing community support. Visit the website for more info
Lewisham Covid-19 mutual aid groups: wherever you live in Lewisham there will be a mutual aid group dedicated to supporting each other during this time. Everyone can help or get help. Search on Facebook for Lewisham Covid-19 mutual aid public group for more details and links to local groups.
We will be sharing other volunteering opportunities on the Baseline facebook page
If you would like to speak to an adviser:
Monday to Wednesday: please call 07824 694 786 or 07880 456 769 between 10am to 4pm
Thursday and Friday: please call 07880 439 879 between 10am to 4pm
Or email us on: email@example.com
Finally – stay safe and follow the guidelines for keeping yourself and those around you safe and well.
We hope to see you all soon
The Baseline team