Privacy notice – Specialist Teachers and Educational Psychology Service (STEPS)
What we do
STEPS is made up of three teams: Educational Psychologists, Sensory Teachers and Specific Learning Difficulties Specialist Teachers.
The service gives specialist advice, assessment, support and training for schools, families and children and young people.
What information we collect
The information we collect from you may include:
date of birth
referral or assessment information
relevant health and case information
other agencies involved.
Agencies we might share the information with
STEPS may share your information with:
city or district or borough councils.
Why we process your information
- service delivery
- service improvement
- prevention/detection of crime/fraud
- service planning
How long will we retain your personal information?
We will retain your information for the minimum required length of time in line with our Records Management policy.
Your data protection rights and how to complain
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to object to processing - you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to make a request, please contact us by email at: email@example.com; or by post at: Subject Access Request, Laurence House, Catford, London. SE6 4RU.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at the same address.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wilmslow
Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk