Privacy notice – Newly Qualified Teacher Appropriate Body
What we do
We offer a Service Level Agreement to schools to act as the Appropriate Body in managing the statutory induction arrangements for newly qualified teachers. We also offer training for newly qualified teachers and induction tutors.
All qualified teachers who are employed in a relevant school in England must complete an induction period satisfactorily, subject to specified exceptions.
Our work is governed by statutory legislation – Sections 135A, 135B and 141C(1)(b), of the Education Act 2002 and associated Education (Induction Arrangements for School Teachers) (England) Regulations 2012.
What information we collect
The information we collect from you may include:
- date of birth
- National Insurance number
- teacher registration number/Department for Education number
- contact details
- email address
- assessment information including information from previous schools in which you were registered as a NQT
- relevant history and case information
- qualifications and training
- total days absence during induction.
Agencies we might share the information with
- Your employing school
- Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Teaching unions
- Consultants contracted to quality assure NQT provision in your school
- Evolution (provider of ‘NQT Manager’ our online NQT management system)
- Lewisham Services for Schools online portal (NQT training courses)
Why we process your information
- Pre-employment checks such as Qualified Teacher Status, previous induction, induction status, decisions in relation to teaching in England (e.g decisions, prohibitions, restrictions and/or sanctions).
- Statutory duty to provide the TRA with details of NQTs who have started, completed (satisfactorily or not), require an extension or left school partway through an induction period.
- Enable NQTs to book and evaluate training courses on Lewisham Services for Schools online portal.
- To provide NQT training course records of attendance on Lewisham Services for Schools online portal.