Privacy notice – Early Career Teacher Appropriate Body
What we do
We offer a Service Level Agreement to schools to act as the Appropriate Body in managing the statutory induction arrangements for early career teachers. We also offer training for early career teacher induction tutors.
All qualified teachers who are employed in a relevant school in England must complete an induction period satisfactorily, subject to specified exceptions.
Our work is governed by statutory legislation – Sections 135A, 135B and 141C(1)(b), of the Education Act 2002 and The Education (Induction Arrangements for School Teachers) (England) Regulations 2012 as amended.
What information we collect
The information we collect from you may include:
- date of birth
- National Insurance number
- teacher registration number/Department for Education number
- contact details
- email address
- progress reviews and assessment form information including information from previous schools and Appropriate Bodies in which you were registered as an early career teacher
- relevant induction history and case information
- qualifications and training
- total days absence during induction.
Agencies we might share the information with
- Your employing school
- Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Teaching School Hubs acting as an Appropriate Body
- Teaching unions
- Consultants contracted to quality assure early career teacher provision in your school
- Evolution Internet Ltd (provider of ‘ECT Manager’ our online ECT management system)
- Lewisham Services for Schools online portal (ECT induction tutor training courses)
Why we process your information
- Pre-employment checks such as Qualified Teacher Status, previous induction, induction status, decisions in relation to teaching in England (e.g decisions, prohibitions, restrictions and/or sanctions).
- Statutory duty to provide the TRA with details of early career teachers who have started, completed (satisfactorily or not), require an extension or left school partway through an induction period.