Landmann Way Reuse and Recycling Centre
Garden waste subscriptions will be available online and via our phone lines in the first week of March 2024 for subscription year April 2024 to March 2025.
You do not need to make a booking to visit our recycling and reuse centre in New Cross. Use of the site is free.
The site is only open to Lewisham residents. Residents must provide a form of photo ID such as a driving licence or passport and proof of address such as a utility bill or bank statement.
Vans, pedestrians, and bikes
- Sunday to Friday, 8am-3pm. Last entry at 3pm
- Saturday, 8am-11am. Last entry at 11am
- Sunday to Friday, 8am-3.30pm
- Saturday, 8am-11.30am
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
- please listen and respect the staff on site
- follow safety advice including the 5mph speed limit
- only use the walkways to dispose of waste in the bins
- staff are not able to assist with unloading
- children and animal must remain inside vehicles at all time
- the site is monitored by CCTV - our staff have the right to inspect your load before you enter the centre and throughout unloading
- vans are allowed up to four visits per year
- do not remove items from the recycling bins
- do not approach machinery or go outside of designated visitor areas
- you enter the site at your own risk
- no smoking allowed on site
What can I dispose of at the site?
Waste is accepted at the site manager's discretion. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the site if we believe that unreasonable use is taking place or trade/business waste is being disposed of.
The Reuse and Recycling Centre will accept
- CDs and DVDs
- furniture including sofas, mattresses and wardrobes
- scrap metal, cans and tins
- paper, cardboard and cartons
- electrical items (small and large)
- plastic including hard plastics, bottles, trays and tubs
- car batteries and household batteries
- TVs and monitors
- used cooking oil
- garden waste (garden pruning, dead plants, grass cuttings, and small tree branches),
- empty fridges and freezers (domestic only)
- garden table and chairs, plant pots and ornaments
- gas bottles
- wood, MDF and chipboard (such as wooden furniture/toys)
The Reuse and Recycling Centre will not accept
- bathroom suites
- concrete fence posts
- general DIY waste including decking, sinks, radiators, fence panels, bags of soil, slabs and bricks
- rubble and hardcore
- kitchen units
- landlord waste
- paint and solvents
- soil and stones
- trade waste, including waste removed by a private contractor for a resident.
- water tanks
- window frames
- hazardous waste (please book a hazardous waste collection via the City of London website)
This is not an exhaustive list. Please contact the centre if you're unsure about an item before you make your visit.
Reuse and recycling centre
Vans, pedestrians, and bikes:
Sunday–Friday, 8am–3pm. Last entry at 3pm
Saturday, 8am–11am. Last entry at 11am