Families affected by drugs and alcohol
Are you worried about a young person using drugs and alcohol?
If the answer is yes, Insightful families can help with their whole-family approach by working with everyone in the family impacted by drugs and alcohol.
Insight Lewisham adopts a family tailored approach for individuals and families in the borough of Lewisham.
Our family support includes:
- group sessions for parents
- 1-2-1 sessions for parents
- Hidden Harm 1-2-1 support for young people
- a family, friends and carers programme for those affected by a loved one’s drug and/or alcohol use.
What is our Parenting programme?
Our parenting programme consists of a family centred approach and includes 12 group sessions. These will run of roughly 90 minutes each. The sessions will cover topics such as:
- emotional development and emotional regulation
- substance misuse
- parental conflict
- child development
- wellbeing and next steps
What is our Family, Friends and Carers (FFC) programme?
Our FFC programme consists of either group sessions or individual sessions. These will include an assessment and five sessions which will run based on the well-established stress-strain-coping-support model.