Getting to Beckenham Place Park
The address of the park is Beckenham, BR3 1SY.
We encourage the use of public transport, cycling and walking where possible.
Beckenham Place Park is within easy cycling distance for much of the borough and south-east London, with a range of quieter on-road and off-road routes passing nearby or running through the park itself.
- The 54 bus stops outside two of the park gates: ‘Highland Croft’ stop is by the Braeside gate and ‘Beckenham Hill’ stop is outside the Southend Lodge gate. It is a five-minute walk from Braeside gate to the mansion and 5–10 minutes up the drive from the Southend Lodge gate.
- Many buses stop on Bromley Road near the Green Man – this is a 10-minute walk to the Southend Lodge gate or a 10-minute walk to the Old Bromley Road entrance (for the BMX track). The routes include: 320, 208, 181, 136.
- Route 354 stops at Ravensbourne Station for entry into the south or eastern sides of the park, or Foxgrove Road for entry via Beckenham Place Park gate.
- Numerous buses stop at Beckenham Junction, which is a 10–15-minute walk to the park.
- Beckenham Hill station is served by regular trains (on the London Bridge line via Peckham Rye, Catford, Shortlands, Bromley South). It is less than a five-minute walk from the station to the park entrance.
- Ravensbourne station (on the far side of the woodland) is also on this line if you wish to enter the park from the southern side or eastern side.
- Beckenham Junction station is a 10–15-minute walk to the park (entering via Beckenham Place Park gate). This station has trams as well as trains to/from London Bridge, Victoria, Orpington, Lewisham and all the calling points in between.
Useful tools to plan your journey
- Transport for London journey planner to plan your journey by bike, on foot or by public transport
- National Rail for public transport information
- Lets Ride provides cycle route maps, descriptions and downloadable files that are all free to download and accredited by British Cycling.
You can enter the car park via Beckenham Hill Road. The car park is pay and display.
The car park has:
- 108 spaces
- six disabled bays reserved for blue badge holders
- electric car charging points.
Parking on double yellow lines is not permitted at any time. The traffic management order is enforced by NSL.
Parking outside the Mansion is not permitted, except by prior arrangement for events associated with the Mansion.
There are parking restrictions in place on Beckenham Hill Road and surrounding areas.
Pay and display
The pay and display operates Monday–Sunday, 8am–5pm. It is free on bank holidays.
Until 31 July the cost is £1 per hour.
From 1 August cost are detailed below:
- Up to 1 hour, £2.00,
- Up to 2 hours: £4.00,
- Up to 3 hours: £6.00;
- Up to 4 hours: :£8.00;
- Up to 5 hours: £10.00;
- Up to 6 hours £12.00,
- Up to 7 hours £14.00,
- Up to 8 hours £16.00
- Up to 9 hours £18.00
The car park is free to valid blue badge holders for four hours.
The park is open to pedestrians at all times.
Vehicle access opens by 8am. Closing times vary seasonally:
- January, 4.30pm
- February, 5.30pm
- March, 6.30pm (29 March, 8pm due to clocks going forward)
- April, 8pm
- May–July, 9pm
- August, 8.30pm
- September, 8pm
- October, 7pm (27–31 October, 5pm due to the clocks going back)
- November, 4.30pm
- December, 4pm (not locked on Christmas Eve or Christmas).