Facilities and getting to the park
Getting to Beckenham Place Park
The address of the park is Beckenham, BR3 1SY.
Beckenham Place Park is within easy cycling distance for much of the borough and south-east London, with a range of quieter on-road and off-road routes passing nearby or running through the park itself.
- The 54 bus stops outside two of the park gates: ‘Highland Croft’ stop is by the Braeside gate and ‘Beckenham Hill’ stop is outside the Southend Lodge gate. It is a five-minute walk from Braeside gate to the mansion and 5–10 minutes up the drive from the Southend Lodge gate.
- Many buses stop on Bromley Road near the Green Man – this is a 10-minute walk to the Southend Lodge gate or a 10-minute walk to the Old Bromley Road entrance (for the BMX track). The routes include: 320, 208, 181, 136.
- Route 354 stops at Ravensbourne Station for entry into the south or eastern sides of the park, or Foxgrove Road for entry via Beckenham Place Park gate.
- Numerous buses stop at Beckenham Junction, which is a 10–15-minute walk to the park.
- Beckenham Hill station is served by regular trains (on the London Bridge line via Peckham Rye, Catford, Shortlands, Bromley South). It is less than a five-minute walk from the station to the park entrance.
- Ravensbourne station (on the far side of the woodland) is also on this line if you wish to enter the park from the southern side or eastern side.
- Beckenham Junction station is a 10–15-minute walk to the park (entering via Beckenham Place Park gate). This station has trams as well as trains to/from London Bridge, Victoria, Orpington, Lewisham and all the calling points in between.
The new car park is now in use and:
- has several disabled bays for blue badge holders
- offers electric car charging points.
Please do not park on the way up the drive or anywhere in the park except the new car park.
Parking is no longer permitted outside the mansion, except by prior arrangement for events associated with the mansion.
- a café
- a cycle way
- two play areas
- toilets (in the Mansion).
The Mansion is also open to the public and offers a variety of activities and events. Visit the Mansion's website for more information.