The flu vaccine
Find out about the flu vaccine and see whether you can have it for free.
The flu vaccine is the best protection from the flu virus.
With COVID-19 in circulation, it’s more important than ever that eligible groups are vaccinated to protect them from flu.
You can also visit the Government's website to find out more about the flu vaccine.
Read about the flu vaccine in different languages.
Are you eligible for a free flu vaccine?
You can get a free flu vaccine if you:
- are pregnant
- are a child aged 2–11 years old
- are a member of a shielding household
- are 65 years old or above
- are a frontline health and social care workers
- have certain long-term health condition (LTHC).
Ask your GP practice or pharmacist for more information.
Find out how to access a GP or pharmacist.
Read other tips for preparing for the winter.
Published on: 26/04/2023