Residents: support our Sugar Smart campaign
We want your help with improving our website so it is easier to use, and provides the information that residents need. Help us by filling in this short survey.
What we are doing
The Sugar Smart Lewisham campaign is trying to make a difference by reducing the availability and promotion of sugary products in the borough. We want you to help us make a difference.
Why we need your help
We consume too much sugar. Obesity, type 2 diabetes and tooth decay are increasing. In Lewisham:
two in five children are obese or overweight when they start secondary school
three in five adults are overweight or obese.
How you can help
Become a Sugar Smart Ambassador
We’re looking for enthusiastic residents to champion our successful Sugar Smart campaign.
Sugar Smart ambassadors will spread the word about the campaign to local businesses, schools or community organisations and help them to develop their pledges.
The role will involve:
- talking to local organisations to encourage them to be Sugar Smart
- running Sugar Smart events
- raising awareness in the community of the impact of excessive sugar consumption.
Ambassadors will receive:
- a Sugar Smart training session to help them understand the Government’s recommendations on sugar intake and health
- supporting materials to help them to confidently approach organisations and discuss the campaign
- the opportunity to join a local Sugar Smart ambassador network.
The network will provide opportunities to share information, learning and resources with other Sugar Smart ambassadors in the borough.
Sign up for Sugar Smart emails and we will send out details on the ambassadors training programme.