Energy efficiency grant
Maximum grant amount available £1,000
Who can apply
Grant assistance is available to all private sector homeowners including landlords within the borough.
What can this grant fund
- any type of renewable energy system may be considered provided it can be shown to have long term benefits and be practical and possible to install
- because the technology in this area is constantly changing and improving, the Housing Assistance Team should be consulted to discuss any proposals so as to ensure that the type of installation will attract grant aid
- the installation must be professionally installed by a specialist contractor.
For full information on the grant and conditions, please read the Housing Assistance Policy.
How to apply
To make an enquiry or to start the grant application process email: email@example.com or call our Private Sector Housing Agency on 020 8314 6622.
To find out if a disabled person is eligible for a visit and assessment by an Occupational Therapist, contact the Community Occupational Therapy service direct on telephone 020 8314 7777.
Before the Council can decide whether to approve or refuse a housing assistance application, the applicant must submit a valid application. A valid application will consist of completing and submitting the following documents:
- an application form
- an owner-occupation certificate or tenants certificate
- proof of ownership from the owner or landlord
- proof of earnings or benefits
- if the applicant is a tenant, written confirmation from the owner that they agree to the work being carried out
- two quotations from legitimate building contractors
- details of any professional fees and/or other ancillary charges
- if the applicant has a long term serious illness, the Council may require a medical report from the applicant’s GP or consultant
Where necessary, the applicant may be required to submit further supporting documentation or information to help the Council reach a decision.