Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Tenancy services

Useful information for tenants including temporary stay tenants and sheltered housing tenants.

We care about you and your home and want to provide the information you need to help you make the most of where you live.

We will ensure your property stays in good condition and that you experience nothing but great customer service throughout your time with us.

Who is my Housing Officer?


Parking permits

Order parking permits for your estate online.

Satellite dishes and TV aerials

We've installed Integrated Reception Systems (IRS)n all blocks with 12 or more flats, which means you don't need a satellite dish to receive Sky or Freeview signals. If you live in a Council block with 12 or more flats, you're not allowed to install a satellite dish.

In other properties, you must get our permission before installing a satellite dish. This might be refused if the property's got a digital IRS system or if it's in a conservation area. Speak to your housing officer for advice.

We don’t fix TV aerials or install them in individual properties. If you have a house, you may fit your own aerial and are responsible for it. We fit and maintain communal digital aerial systems in blocks of flats.

Tenant offers

Home contents insurance

Although we provide cover for the structure of your home we don't provide cover for your home contents.

However, you can protect your belongings for as little as 95p a week, under Aviva's special home contents insurance offer home contents insurance offer for Council tenants.

Paint vouchers

Our residents can get 20% discount on all decorating essentials from Johnstone’s Trade. To take advantage of this exclusive offer, please contact our Lettings team on 0800 028 2028.

Additional support for residents

We're committed to assisting residents who need extra help in their homes.

We can provide a flexible service if you're elderly or have severe physical health problems or disabilities. We'll consider cases individually and within available budgets.

We collect data on our tenants needs so we can tailor our services to help you. We also check for vulnerability when we take action for rent arrears and antisocial behaviour.

We can help vulnerable customers in a number of ways. We can:

  • provide welfare benefit and debt advice
  • support within our repairs service 
  • additional security for residents experiencing antisocial behaviour
  • provide basic adaptations to your home including installing rails, kitchen lever taps or visual and hearing needs
  • refer you to support agencies

If you think a vulnerable Council tenant might need our help with the above, please call our housing management team on 0800 028 2028.

If you think a child or vulnerable adult is in immediate danger please call 999. Otherwise, contact our safeguarding teams directly:

  • Adult Social Care Advice and Information Team - 020 8314 7777
  • Children's Referral and Assessment Service - 020 8314 6660