Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Make improvements to your home

If you've got a secure tenancy, you have the right to carry out some types of home improvement (at your own expense and you must get our written permission).

Tenants can apply online for permission to make improvements to your home.

If you're a leaseholder and you want to make some alterations or improvements to your home, please contact our leasehold service

If you make improvements without our permission, you could break the terms of your tenancy agreement.

You're responsible for applying for planning permission and building regulation approval if they're required.

Contact us about your planned alterations

We might need further details from you - and we might need to visit your home to talk over your request in detail.

Alterations and improvements policy

You can download our alterations and improvements policy from the policy library

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us anything