Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Apply for a street works licence

Any person or organisation wishing to excavate in the street who is not a statutory undertaker must obtain a licence.
Website survey

We want your help with improving our website so it is easier to use, and provides the information that residents need. Help us by filling in this short survey.

Statutory undertakers are utility companies such as water, gas or electricity boards or telecoms companies, who are licensed by the Department of Trade and Industry.

For more information on how to apply please contact us.