Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Apply for a street trading licence

Find out about street trading licences, including markets and forecourt trading.

Street trading and markets licences

Apply for a market or street trading licence.

How to apply for a forecourt trading licence

Information about applying for a forecourt trading licence, the cost and the conditions traders must meet.

Car boot sales

You must have a licence if you wish to hold a temporary market, car boot sale or event.

House to house collection

A permit is required to undertake a 'house to house' collection, under the House to House Collections Act 1939.

Street collection

It is illegal to hold a street collection to collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes without a Street Collection Licence.

Illegal street trading

Our policy is to oppose all street trading other than from areas that we've approved where highway safety will not be impaired. For such sites, you must have a trader's licence.
Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us anything