Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Apply for a building and construction licence

When carrying out building work on a property which is adjacent to the public road, you must consider the safety of all road users.

Skip licensing and other highway occupancy

You will need a licence if you wish to place a builder’s skip on any part of the public highway.

Obstruction or potential damage to the public highway

We have a duty to protect our road and footpath network.

Scaffolding and hoarding

Find out how to get permission from us to place hoardings on the highway or install scaffolding at building projects.