Privacy notice – Scrutiny and Policy
Our contact details
The Scrutiny and Policy Team
Phone Number: 020831 49455
What we do
The Overview and Scrutiny service supports scrutiny councillors in holding executive decision makers to account by questioning and constructively challenging council officers and partner organisations at formal meetings.
Scrutiny has the power to:
- review or scrutinise decisions made or action taken in relation to the discharge of any functions which are the responsibility of the executive or full council
- make reports or recommendations to the authority or the executive on the discharge of any functions which are the responsibility of the executive or the full Council
- make reports or recommendations to the authority or the executive on matters which affect the authority’s area or the inhabitants of that area.
The service also delivers member development, including post-election member induction, with the aim of enabling councillors to fulfil their key responsibilities of representing the interests of local people and being a community leader; dealing with casework; contributing to good governance; and fulfilling the constitutional requirements of elected members, effectively.
The Corporate Policy Service supports corporate policy and strategy development. The team provides a framework for policy and strategy to enable Council services to deliver forward thinking and innovative policies in response to internal and external drivers.
What information we collect
The information we collect from you may include:
- contact details
- relevant history and information pertinent to progressing your enquiry.
Agencies we might share the information with
- Fire service
- Health agencies
- Education providers
- Housing providers
- Government agencies/departments
Why we process your information
- Service delivery
- Service improvement
- Service planning
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Scrutiny@lewisham.gov.uk
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep your personal information until we have concluded the piece of work to which it relates. We will then delete your data.