Get the COVID-19 vaccine
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective and gives you the best protection against COVID-19.
Who can get the vaccine
COVID vaccination is now available free to everyone aged 5 years and over, unless they are medically exempt.
There are some variations in the type of vaccine and number of doses recommended, according to age group.
- Everyone aged 5 and over can get a 1st and 2nd dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- People aged 16 and over, and some children aged 12 to 15, can also get a booster dose.
- People aged 12 and over who had a severely weakened immune system when they had their first 2 doses, will be offered a 3rd dose and a booster (4th dose).
- People aged 75 and over, people who live in care homes for older people, and people aged 12 and over who have a weakened immune system, will be offered a spring booster.
Visit the NHS website to book your free COVID-19 vaccine or call 119, free of charge.
Many pharmacies in Lewisham run vaccination clinics. There are also regular and pop-up clinics at other venues in the borough.
You can also book a vaccination appointment. Visit the NHS website to book your free COVID-19 vaccine or call 119, free of charge.
Criminals are using the COVID-19 vaccine to scam people.
The NHS will:
- never ask for payment - the vaccine is free
- never ask you for your bank details
- never arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine
- never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents.
Read more about scams during the COVID-19 pandemic.