Bulky item collection
We can collect household large or bulky waste items cannot go out with your regular waste collection for a small fee.
Before you book a collection
There are a number of ways to donate or recycle items without having to book a collection. You could try:
- donating your preloved furniture or items to local charities and organisations
- selling or giving away items for free on Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree or Freecycle
- taking your items to be disposed of at our Landmann Way Reuse and Recycling Centre
If you do need to book a bulky item disposal, there is a small collection fee.
Bulky waste collection fees
- £14: per mattress, not depending on size
- £41: Up to four household items such as carpets, chairs, beds or sofas
- £60: Fridge and freezer collections (we cannot collect American-style/ double door fridges or freezers, and we can only make collections from the ground floor)
Please note: if you book a collection, the fee is non-refundable. You will still be charged even if you cancel the booking before your items are collected. This is due to the administrative and operational costs involved in arranging a collection.
Where to leave your items
You must leave items outside the home on your collection day. Please stack items neatly at the edge of your property (next to the pavement but within your boundary) the night before your collection day. If you live in a flat, make sure you leave the items at the front of the building. We do not collect items from inside properties.
If you live in a block where items are not allowed to be left outside, speak to your building manager and arrange to leave them outside in an unlocked bin chamber. When you book the collection, tell us this is where the items will be. If we come to collect the items and we can’t see them or get to them, you won’t get a refund.
Please make sure all items are clear of any hazards that could harm or injure our staff.
- you don't have to be at home when we collect
- one carpet must be rolled, tied and manageable by two people - if you need to dispose of underlay, this counts as a separate item.
- we will only remove items you have told us about - if you have any additional items, please submit a new request
Bulky waste collection days
Large item and mattress collections
|Monday||Catford South, Grove Park, Downham|
|Tuesday||Blackheath, Lewisham Central and Lee Green|
|Wednesday||Forest Hill, Perry Vale, Sydenham and Bellingham |
|Thursday||Brockley, Ladywell, Crofton Park and Rushey Green |
|Friday||Evelyn, New Cross and Telegraph Hill |
Fridge and freezer collections
|Tuesday||Catford South, Grove Park, Downham, Blackheath, Lewisham Central, Lee Green, Rushey Green, Bellingham|
|Friday||Forest Hill, Perry Vale, Sydenham, Brockley, Ladywell, Crofton Park, Evelyn, New Cross, Telegraph Hill|
Lewisham Homes bulky waste collections
For Lewisham Homes residents there are collection points on most estates for unwanted large items. You can contact the team to find your nearest collection point by calling 0800 028 2028 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not a Lewisham Homes resident and you leave items at an estate bulky waste collection point, we’ll consider it to be illegally dumped waste or fly-tipping which could result in a fine.