Support for young people leaving care (local offer)
About the local offer
Our local offer is designed to help young people leaving care in the borough. It has been created in consultation with our care leavers and young people in our care. It tells you:
- what support you are entitled to
- how to make the most out of the services available to you
- about the transition into adulthood and independence.
You will also find information about:
- your personal adviser
- your rights
- finding somewhere to live
- what financial support you can get
- education, training and employment support
- health and wellbeing support
- getting involved and getting heard
- unaccompanied asylum-seeking care leavers
- useful contacts.
Who can get support
To qualify for support, you must have been in our care for at least either:
- 13 weeks between the ages of 14 and 16 (including your 16th birthday)
- 13 weeks after your 16th birthday.
If you claimed asylum as an unaccompanied child and have been supported by us, you can get the same support as a care leaver if you meet the above criteria.
Read the local offer
Download our local offer information pack for care leavers.