Community activities for young people with SEND
Activities for under-fives
Rascals – Under 5s free soft play for children with SEND
- Contact details: email email@example.com or phone 07946 632 477
- Location: Bellingham Leisure Centre, 5 Randlesdown Road, SE6 3BT
- Who: children with SEND under 5 (9.30am to 12 noon) and 5-11 (3.30pm to 6pm)
- When: usually the third Monday of each month
The Bellingham Community Project provides free monthly SEND play sessions for under-5s and for children aged 5-11. During these sessions the playzone is closed to the general public and staffed by experienced playworkers.
Visit the Signal Family Support website to learn more about Rascals play sessions.
- Contact details: email Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: The Hawes Down, Children’s Centre, Hawes Lane, West Wickham, BR4 9AE
CASPA TOTS runs weekly during term time. It offers a softplay and sensory room, crèche area, sensory and messy play, toys, books, dressing up, puzzles and lots more for parents and children to enjoy together.
Bellingham Green Generation Playclub
Big Little Fun
- Contact details: phone 020 8691 3407
- Location: 137 Creek Rd, Greenwich, London SE8 3BU
Big Little Fun is an indoor softplay cafe in Greenwich. It offers sensory play, educational activities, birthday parties and a SEND and autism-friendly sensory room to explore.
- Contact details: phone 07950 558 993
Drop in music and movement class suitable for all ages under 5, including babies. No booking required.
Lewisham Opportunity Pre-school
- Contact details: phone 0203 608 8081 or email email@example.com
- Location: The Healthy Lifestyle Centre, Abbotshall Road, Catford, London, SE6 1SQ
Baby Buzzers is for boys and girls aged under 5.
Each session will be tailored around the children’s core ABC skills (agility, balance and coordination). Children will be aided throughout every activity by our highly experienced sports tutors.
Sydenham Tennis Club – Tots Tennis
- Contact details: phone 0208 778 4217 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Sydenham Tennis Club, Lawrie Park Road, London, SE26 6ET
Tots tennis is for pre-school children aged 3-4 years old and enables them to learn the basics and how to enjoy the game through a variety of fun activities and simple exercises to develop balance, co-ordination, agility, movement, plus racket and ball skills.
Tots Tennis provides all equipment your child will need and classes take place with a maximum of eight children in a group. Classes are run by a qualified, LTA-accredited and DBS-checked coach. Please make contact with provider to ensure they can meet the young person’s needs.
Lewisham Toy Library
- Contact details: phone 020 8297 2735
- Location: Lewisham Shopping Centre, Shop 46, Molesworth St, Lewisham, London SE13 7EP
A Toy Library is a place where children or their parents can borrow toys to take home. It is open to all families who live in and around Lewisham.
You can join by either coming to the Toy Library and bringing two proofs of address (gas bill, bank statement etc.) or 1 photo ID (driving licence). You can also join online on the Lewisham Toy Library website.
- Contact details: phone 020 8858 5242 or email email@example.com
- Inclusive swimming lessons for children with SEND. Contact Water Babies to discuss your child’s requirements.
Deptford Park Generation Play Club
- Contact details: phone 020 8469 0772
A new stay-and-play venue for children under the age of five years. The club offers a baby sensory room, arts and crafts, messy play, a baby room, outdoor area with ride on-toys and various other activities.
Lewisham Children and Family Centres
Lewisham Children Centre provide support groups for families at:
- Beecroft Children and Family Centre
- Bellingham Children and Family Centre
- Clyde Children and Family Centre
- Downderry Children and Family Centre
- Kelvin Grove and Eliot Bank Children and Family Centre
- Evelyn Children and Family Centre
- Ladywell Children and Family Centre
- Marvels Lane Children and Family Centre.
Drumbeat School and ASD Service’s Tom Tom Group
- Contact details: phone The Drumbeat Early Years Outreach Team on 020 7635 9022
- Location: Beecroft Garden Children’s Centre, Dalyrymple Road, SE4 2BS
A stay, play and learn group for under-fives with social communication difficulties (including those with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder). Fun pre-school activities to extend your child’s communication and develop interactive play skills.
Activities at school
Many schools provide services and support throughout the academic year. Each school is different, but lots offer:
- breakfast clubs
- after-school clubs
- summer holiday schemes.
Speak to your child’s school about what activities they offer.
Clubs and groups
CASPA Bromley – Life with Autism
- Age range: 0–25 years old
- Dates, times, costs and locations: visit the CASPA Bromley website
CASPA has a family of clubs for all ages from 0 to 25 Years old. All term- time clubs provide 38 sessions per year, in-line with the school term. Club members also receive discounted rates on CASPA holiday provisions and the annual residential trips.
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 3608 8081
- Age range: 5–12 years old
Buzzers school holiday and half term academies are aimed at children aged 5–12 years old and are tailored to suit all sports interests and abilities. If young people require one to one support, please talk to the Buzzers Academies to ensure that can meet the young person’s needs.
Visit the Buzzers Academies website.
Sugarplumz breakfast, after-school and holiday clubs
- 79 Moorside Road Downham BR1 5EP within the Good Shepherd upper hall (catering to Good Shepherd primary school and Launcelot primary school)
- 103 Boundfield Road Catford SE6 1PG within the grounds of The North Downham Training Project (catering to Forster Park primary school and Torridon primary school)
Sugarplumz Ltd provides a range of activities to all children. Please contact Sugarplumz to make sure they can meet your child’s needs.
Legacy Youth Club
- Contact details: phone 020 3976 9990
- Location: 125 Whitehorse Road, Croydon, CR0 2LG
- Age range, date, time and cost: visit the Legacy Youth Club website.
Legacy Youth Club run an inclusive session for young people with SEND. The club is equipped with equipment to meet the needs of wheelchair users. If one-to-one support is required, the young person’s parent or carer can attend to support.
Phab Youth Club
- Contact: email email@example.com or phone 07910 556 588
- Location: Sydenham High School, Westwood Hill, London, SE26 6BL
- Age range, date, time and cost: visit the Phab Youth Club website.
A fun and safe environment where teenagers with and without a disability can have fun and socialise with each other. Activities include games, art and crafts, boccia and more. There is space for parents and carers to meet.
- Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 37452565.
- Age range: Four years old to teenagers
Location, date, times and cost: visit the Splatter Make website.
Splatter make hosts creative workshops and parties for all children.
- Location: held at several locations across south east London
- Contact details: email email@example.com
- Age range, dates, times and cost: visit the Forries Education website
Forries Education offers forest school nursery care as well as activities for pre-school children, after school clubs, school holiday sessions, school curriculum sessions and ‘wild’ Forries birthday parties.
- Location: Gate at no 53 River View Park Road, Catford, London SE6 4PL
- Age range: All ages
Wild Cat Wilderness is a community green space in Catford coordinated by the Rushey Green Time Bank, a local charity. It is a natural wilderness off Catford Hill, which you can help shape and get involved in by volunteering. It is your community space where you can explore nature and the wildlife, play or relax in its peacefulness, learn new outdoor skills or crafts, share and enjoy the space with other local people of all ages, cultures, faiths and abilities.
- Contact details: phone 020 8090 1444
- Location: 144 E Dulwich Grove, Dulwich, London SE22 8TE
- Age: 5–14 years
- Date, time and cost: visit the Sparks4Kids website
Spark4Kids teaches children to code in a fun, engaging environment. Please call Sparks4Kids to ensure they can meet your child’s needs.
The Phoenix Youth Group for Death Children
- Location: North Hub @ Castlecombe Youth Centre, Castlecombe Road, Mottingham, SE9 4AT
- Age: 10–15 years old
A team of qualified, experiences and DBS-checked youth support Workers facilitate a wide-range of fun activities.
Roots and Shoots
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7587 1130
- Location: Walnut Tree Walk, Kennington, SE11 6DN
- Age range, dates, times and cost: visit the Roosts and Shoots website
Visit the Wildlife Garden - as a school group, as a family or as individuals – for learning and for resting. The award-winning wildlife garden is a quiet and secluded haven for all visitors and residents – breeding and migrating birds, amphibians, mammals, a wide range of insects and other invertebrates.
Dance, drama and music
- Location: Horniman Museum, 100 London Road, Forest Hill, London SE23 3PQ
- Contact details: phone 020 3371 7372; email email@example.com
- Age range: Children, young people, adults and the elderly all welcome.
- Contact Nzinga Dance for dates and cost of activities.
Nzinga Dance works with under 5s, through to adults. It hosts a wide range of workshops, including those for children with SEND. Nzinga Dance has been in residency at the Horniman Museum in London since 2002, hosting 10-week African dance and drumming courses for adults and children, three times a year.
Available workshops include: African dance; Caribbean dance; Afro hip-life dance; African contemporary dance.
- Location: St Andrews Church of England Church Hall, Sandhurst Road, Catford
- SE6 1XD
- Contact: phone 020 8290 6633
- Check the Magpie Dance website for age range, dates and costs.
Magpie Minis is a fun dance session for children with learning disabilities aged 4-7 years who take part with a parent/carer.
Magpie Junior aims to enable young people aged 8-15 with learning disabilities, to explore creative movement and related arts in a supportive, safe and stimulating atmosphere.
Please note booking is essential as classes are often full and spaces will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis every term.
Visit the Magpie Dance website for more information.
FEEL Theatre Company
- Location: Brookhill Children's Centre, 130 Brookhill Rd, Woolwich, London, SE18 6UZ
- Age Range: 0 – 18 Years
- For dates, times and costs, check the FEEL Theatre website.
FEEL Theatre create sensory stories, shows and experiences for and with children and young people with complex needs and disabilities.
Greenwich and Lewisham Young People Theatre
- Contact details: phone 0208 854 1316
- Location: The Tramshed, 51 – 53 Woolwich New Road, London, SE18 6ES
- Age Range: 5 – 25 years
- Dates and cost: Contact Greenwich and Lewisham Young People’s Theatre
Every young person should have the chance to shine whatever they are facing in their lives. Whatever Makes You Happy has been designed to be a fun and supportive group for young people who have emotional, behavioural difficulties, or special educational needs. There are four groups: Whatever Youth Theatre Lewisham; Whatever Youth Theatre Greenwich; SHOUT (SEN); and Reach Theatre Company (SEN).
Working with professional artists and arts therapists, the groups offer a safe and supportive space where young people can gain confidence, find ways to express themselves, improve their social skills and make friends.
Heart N Soul
- Location: The Albany, Douglas Way, SE8 4AG
- Contact details: Phone 020 8694 1632
- Age range: 10 – 25 Years
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Heart N Soul website
Heart N Soul’s Taking Part programme aims to help people gain confidence and live independent lives. Many go on to perform their music and show artwork in mainstream venues, contributing to society and sharing their talents with the world.
Lewisham Youth Theatre
- Location: First Floor, Town Hall Chambers, Rushey Green, London SE6 4RU
- Age range: 3–24 years
- Contact details: phone 020 8690 3428; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates, times and costs: visit the Lewisham Youth Theatre website.
Lewisham Youth Theatre nurtures and inspires young people’s voices through free participatory theatre activities, helping them to develop enduring and transferable skills that lead to increased life chances and long term well-being.
Irie! Dance Theatre
- Location: Moonshot Centre, Fordham Park, Angus Street, New Cross, London SE14 6LU
- Contact details: phone 020 8691 6099
- Dates, age ranges and cost: Visit the Irie! Dance Theatre website.
Irie! promotes diversity through dance and holds a wide variety of dance workshops for people of all abilities.
The Midi Music Company
- Location: 77 Watson's Street, Deptford, London SE8 4AU
- Contact details: phone 020 8694 6093; email email@example.com
- Age range, dates and cost: visit the Midi Music Company website.
The Midi Music Company aims to inspire creative minds and help everyone make music, regardless of age and level of experience.
- Location: 140 Lewisham Way, New Cross, London SE14 6PD
- Contact details: phone 020 8691 9113; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age range, dates and cost: visit the Lewisham Arthouse website.
Lewisham Arthouse provides subsidised workspace, event and exhibition facilities to the general public. It offers practical support for a range of different cultural and community activities.
- Location: The Albany, Douglas Way, Deptford, London SE8 4AG
- Contact details: phone 0208 692 4446 (ext. 273); email email@example.com
- Age range, dates and cost: visit the Spare Tyre website.
Spare Tyre produces bold and powerful participatory produces arts with voiceless communities and individuals. It shares and celebrate untold stories, transforming lives and challenging prejudice.
- Location: Brasted Chart, Kent, TN16 1QG
- Learn more about Toys Hill on the National Trust website.
Lying on top of the Greensand Ridge, the hill supports a wide variety of plants and animals. Enjoy the fine views over the Weald of Kent and discover the diverse and abundant wildlife which makes this area a site of special scientific interest (SSSI).
Crystal Palace Park
- Location: Thicket Rd, London SE19 2GA
Crystal Palace Park has 200 acres of land. It has a model dinosaurs, Skate Park, Maze, Capel Manor – Urban Farm, Crystal Palace Museum, National Sports Centre, Terraces Boating Lakes and Diddy Dinos.
- Location: College Road, SE21
Facilities include a boating lake, cycle hire, football pitch, tennis courts and table tennis.
- Location: Danson House, Danson Park, Danson Road, Bexleyheath DA6 8HL
Danson Park has large children's playground, play equipment suitable for children aged 3 to 14, dogs are not permitted in the playground, wet play area, zip wire, large rope climbing frame, and refreshment kiosk. The park has a number of gardens such as Rock Garden, Peace Garden, Bog Garden, Woodlands and Charter Oak.
- Location: Shooters Hill, Eltham SE9
The Green Chain Walk runs through the site. The cafe at the top of the hill in the meadow is a popular meeting place. You can visit Severndroog Castle and Jack Wood, next to Castle Wood, has a terrace garden, from which visitors may enjoy spectacular views across London.
- Location: Charlton Park Road, Charlton SE7
The park has a sensory garden, with plants that can be appreciated by people with visual or physical disabilities. The east side of the park caters for sports and fitness. There are football pitches and a floodlit grass training area with changing facilities for hire. There is also a cricket pitch which is used by Blackheath Cricket Club. Wheelchair access is available.
Maryon Wilson Park
- Contact details: phone 020 8856 0100
- Location: Thorntree Road, Charlton SE7
Part of the former Maryon Wilson family estate, this beautifully landscaped park contains both grassland and woodlands - all in a valley setting. Maryon Wilson Park also has an animal park with ducks, geese, chickens, goats, pigs, and even a deer enclosure. The Green Chain Walk runs through the site.
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: The Woodlands Farm Trust, 331 Shooters Hill, Welling, Kent, DA16 3RP
- Visit the Woodlands Farm Trust website.
Woodlands Farm provides an opportunity to find out about farming life and farm animals as well as a chance to experience the countryside including native bird species, butterflies, wild flowers and ancient woodlands.
Christmas Tree Farm
Contact details: 01689 861603 - email@example.com
Location: Christmas Tree Farm, Cudham Road, Down Village, Kent BR6 7LF
Christmas Tree Farm is situated in the Village of Downe former home of Charles Darwin. On the farm they have a wide selection of farm animals all of which can be fed and stroked. During the winter months the farm is still open weather permitting. The animals are put into winter houses off the wet ground, you are still able to see and feed the animals.
London City Farm Mudchute Park and Farm
- Contact details: phone 020 3670 7515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Mudchute Park & Farm, Pier Street, Isle of Dogs, London, E14 3HP
- Visit the Mudchute Park and Farm website.
These 32 acres on the Isle of Dogs make up one of London’s biggest farms. The park and farm has an equestrian centre, riding school, a range of farm animals, petting zoo and duck pond.
Rare Breed Centre
- Contact details: phone 01233 861 493 or email email@example.com
- Location: Highlands Farm, Woodchurch, Ashford, Kent, TN26 3RJ
- Visit the Rare Breed Centre website.
A perfect family day out within 100 acres of beautiful unspoilt Kent countryside. Rare Breed Centre has farm animals, trailer rides, bird of prey displays and experiences, a discovery garden, a butterfly tunnel, play parks and much more.
- Contact details: phone 0207 924 5826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Battersea Park, Chelsea Bridge Gate, Battersea, London SW11 4NJ
- Visit the Battersea Zoo website.
Battersea Park Children’s Zoo welcomes disabled visitors and those with limited mobility, including wheelchair and mobility scooter users. The zoo is fully wheelchair accessible and there are disabled toilet facilities.
The Zoo offers discounted entry to people with disabilities and their carers – see website for entry prices. Phone prior to your visit if you have any special requirements.
Baby facilities include a baby changing room and a mother and baby feeding room with baby changing facilities.
Please note: children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult when visiting the zoo.
- Contact details: phone 020 7722 3333 or email email@example.com
- Location: Regent's Park, London, NW1 4RY
- Visit the London Zoo website.
Special Children's Day is a unique annual event at ZSL London Zoo, welcoming children with special needs and their families and friends.
With increased specialist facilities and staff presence, as well as interactive events and discounted entry, Special Children's Day is an exciting and exceptional event not to be missed. All Special Children's Day activities are free and all Zoo visitors are welcome to join in the fun.
London Recumbent Bike Hire
- Contact details: phone 020 8299 6636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Dulwich Park, Rangers Yard, Dulwich Park, College Road
- London, SE21 7BQ
- Visit the London Recumbent Bike Hire website.
London Recumbent Bike Hire offers a wide range of specialist bikes for families and cyclists with special needs.
- Contact details: 0203 846 1386
- Location: The Colonnades Purley Way, Croydon CR0 4RQ
- Visit the Oxygen Freejumping website.
Oxygen Freejumping holds weekly Peaceful Play sessions for children on the autistic spectrum, or with sensory or learning disabilities. The sessions offer plenty of space due to limited capacity; the music is turned down; and strobe lighting is turned off.
The Science Museum
- Contact details: phone 0333 241 4000
- Location: Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 2DD
- Visit the Science Museum website.
Early Birds is a sensory friendly event for families with children who need a quieter environment to enjoy the museum. Visitors will be welcomed into the museum from 08.00 to 10am.
This event is suitable for children who benefit from visiting the museum free from the hustle and bustle of the general public (for example, children with autism spectrum conditions or sensory processing differences).
Taking place on selected Saturdays and Sundays across the year, the museum opens exclusively before or after hours, and wherever possible will have adjusted operations and/or lowered volume levels on exhibits.
London Transport Museum
- Contact details: phone 0343 222 5000
- Location: Covent Garden, London WC2E 7BB
- Visit the London Transport Museum website.
The museum opens outside its regular hours on certain special days for children with SEND. Families can enjoy the Museum at a quieter time, free from the general public, and with many of the gallery sounds turned off.
Advanced booking is essential as places are limited. Children and young people under 18 go free; adults charged general admission rate.
The National History Museum
- Contact details: email email@example.com or phone 020 7942 5000
- Location: Cromwell Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 5BD
- Visit the Natural History Museum website.
The Natural History Museum is a world-leading visitor attraction and science research centre. It is the most visited natural history museum in Europe, welcoming more than five million visitors each year. In winter, it has an ice rink outside on its grounds. The museum is accessible for wheelchair users and people with additional needs.
V&A Museum of Childhood
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 8983 5200.
- Location: Cambridge Heath Road, London, E2 9PA
- Visit the V&A Museum of Childhood website.
The V&A Museum of Childhood in London's Bethnal Green houses the Victoria and Albert Museum's collection of childhood objects, ranging in date from the 1600s to the present day. The V&A Museum of Childhood houses the UK's national collection of childhood objects, ranging in date from the 1600s to the present day.
As well as toys, dolls and games, the museum has a wealth of objects relating to aspects of childhood including home, childcare, play, learning and clothing.
Rare, hand-crafted objects sit alongside well-loved toys from the 20th century, allowing an insight into how different children might have lived, thought and felt, through the objects they were surrounded by throughout their childhood.
The British Museum
- Contact details: email@example.com - 020 7323 8000
- Location: British Museum, Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
- Visit the British Museum website.
The British Museum is one of the world's greatest, showcasing objects from prehistoric to modern times. Entertain kids at the Digital Discovery Centre and check out the free events for kids of all ages. Free activity backpacks are also available. The museum is wheelchair accessible.
Museum of London
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7001 9844
- Location: 150 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5HN
- Visit the Museum of London website.
The Museum of London tells the story of the world's greatest city and its people, from prehistoric times to the present day. The Galleries of Modern London let you walk the streets of Victorian London, take a stroll in recreated pleasure gardens and marvel at the magnificent Lord Mayor's Coach. The museum is wheelchair accessible.
National Maritime Museum
- Contact details: email email@example.com or phone 020 8312 6608
- Location: Romney Road, Greenwich, London, SE10 9NF
- Visit the National Maritime Museum website.
Kids will love the National Maritime Museum as there's plenty to engage and entertain young minds. For under-sevens, there's the AHOY! Children’s gallery, while older children can steer a ship into port at All Hands. Look out for family events during the week. The museum is wheelchair accessible.
Bank of England Museum
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 3461 5545
- Location: Bartholomew Lane, City of London, London, EC2R 8AH
- Visit the Bank of England Museum website.
Teach kids the value of money the fun way at the Bank of England Museum. See gold bars from ancient times – even try to lift one – and hear unexpected tales about the Bank's ghostly nun. Bank of England Museum is wheelchair accessible.
The Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Contact details: email email@example.com or phone 020 8699 1872
- Location: Horniman Museum & Gardens, 100 London Road, London SE23 3PQ
- Visit the Horniman Museum website.
The Horniman Museum and Gardens has a programme of free activities for kids, there's an aquarium, a hands-on centre, a Nature Base, plus beautiful gardens perfect for picnics. Some charges apply.
Museum of London Docklands
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phonw 020 7001 9844
- Location: West India Quay, London, E14 4AL
- Visit the Museum of London Docklands website.
Kids can learn the history of the river Thames at Museum of London Docklands. Venture through the 19th-century Sailortown, let them loose in the Mudlarks soft play area, or join the fun at the free family events during the weekend.
The Cartoon Museum
- Contact details: phone 020 7580 8155
- Location: 63 Wells Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1A 3AE
- Visit the Cartoon Museum website.
Lover of illustrations? Pencil in a date with The Cartoon Museum which explores and preserves British cartoons, comics and animation. Discover a treasure trove of more than 6,000 original artworks and 8,000 books during your visit.
The museum showcases the finest British cartoons, comics, caricatures and animation. Dip into a dazzling collection of more than 6,000 artworks and 8,000 books and comics.
Kentish Town City Farm
- Contact details: phone 020 7916 5421 or email email@example.com
- Location: 1 Cressfield Close, off Grafton Road, NW5 4BN
- Visit the Kentish City Farm website.
Kentish Town City Farm is a community charity that helps city people connect with animals, nature and the environment. The farm is situated on a four-acre site, alongside two railway lines in the inner London Borough of Camden. We have sheep, goats, ducks, chickens, geese, three horses, two donkeys, two pigs and a cow. There are animal pasture areas, community gardens, a wildlife pond, and a riding arena.
Deen City Farm
- Contact details: 020 8543 5300
- Location: 39 Windsor Avenue, Merton Abbey, London, SW19 2RR
- Visit the Deen City Farm website.
Set on part of the National Trust's Morden Hall Park Estate, Deen City Farm provides south Wimbledon with a healthy dose of the countryside. Meet the farmyard residents like Kimby the alpaca and Edna the barn owl, buy grass nuts to feed the animals or squeal over the newly born ducklings, chicks and lambs.
The Hop Farm
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01622 872068
- Location: The Hop Farm Family Park (Kent Entertainment Ltd), Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6PY
- Visit the Hope Farm website.
The Hop Farm Family Park is packed full of attractions for the children and fabulous places to eat and drink. Attractions include our ever-popular Giant Jumping Pillows, Driving School, Magic Castle, and Outdoor Adventure Play Area, Children’s Rides and live shows and discos from our entertainment team in the Big Red Barn! The Animal Farm features donkeys, horses and plenty of cuddly creatures to get close to.
- Contact details: email email@example.com
- Location: Warwick Castle, Warwick, CV34 4QU
- Visit the Warwick Castle website.
Immerse yourself in more than 1,100 years of jaw-dropping history. Full to the turrets with dazzling shows and attractions, spellbinding storytelling and fun experiences all year-round, Warwick Castle is an action-packed and unforgettable day out for everyone.
The Legoland – Windsor Resort
- Contact details: phone 01753 626 416
- Location: Winkfield Rd, Windsor SL4 4AY
- Visit the Legoland website.
Explore a wide range of family-friendly attractions, play areas and interactive activities.
The London Eye
- Contact details: 020 7967 8020
- Location: Riverside Building, County Hall, Bishop's, London SE1 7PB
- Visit the London Eye website.
The London Eye is the most popular paid attraction in the whole of the UK. And no wonder – it’s the only view of the city that moves. Set in the heart of the London you can get up close to Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace and see as far as Windsor Castle on a clear day.
Thorpe Park Resort
- Contact details: phone 01932 577131
- Location: Thorpe Park Resort, Staines Road, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8PN
- Visit the Thorpe Park website.
Home to over 30 thrilling rides, attractions & live events. Thorpe Park Resort is the ultimate destination for thrill-seekers featuring some of the UK's most popular roller coasters. Reach new heights with Stealth the UK's fastest roller coaster launching riders to 205ft at 80mph in just 2.5 seconds.
- Contact details: phone 0871 222 3330
- Location: Farley Lane, Alton, Stoke-on-Trent ST10 4DB
- Visit the Alton Towers website.
Alton Towers Resort is Britain’s offers over 50 amazing rides and attractions for thrill-seekers, families and kids of all ages.
The Blackpool Tower
- Contact details: 01253 622 242 (ext. 0) or 01253 375 181
- Location: The Blackpool Tower, The Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 4BJ
- Visit the Blackpool Tower website.
The Blackpool Tower was built in 1894, stands 518ft tall and is home to five attractions: The Blackpool Tower Eye, The Blackpool Tower Ballroom, The Blackpool Tower Circus and The Blackpool Tower Dungeon.
- Location: Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London NW1 5LR
- Visit the Madame Tussauds website.
Discover more than 300 wax figures, watch the Marvel Super Heroes 4D movie experience and meet the heroes and villains of Star Wars.
SEA LIFE London
- Contact details: phone 0371 663 1679
- Location: Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd, Bishop's, London SE1 7PB
- Visit the SEA LIFE London website.
SEA LIFE London boasts the UK’s largest living coral reef. Visitors can also expect to see regal tangs, cardinalfish, clownfish swim through a 40ft long tank.
- Contact details: phone 0333 321 2001
- Location: Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd, Bishop's, London SE1 7PB
- Visit the Shrek’s Adventure website.
A CGI-animated adventure featuring Shrek, Princess Fiona, Donkey and a cast of other characters from the beloved films.
The Diggerland Parks
- Contact details: phone 0871 22 77 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Diggerland Kent, Medway Valley Leisure Park, Roman Way, Strood, Kent, ME2 2NU
- Visit the Diggerland website.
The Diggerland Parks boast 20 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities for all ages. Digger fans can get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy an off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the dodgems and go-karts.
Lewisham Park is located between Lewisham Town and Catford. Learn more about Lewisham Park.
20th Forest Hill Scoutlink
- Ages 8–18 years.
- Contact email@example.com.
DS Lions Down’s Syndrome Football Sessions
- Location: The Lions Centre, Bolian Road, London SE16 3LD
- Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age Range: six to 15 years old
- Dates and times: visit the DS Lions page on the DS Active website
- Cost: Free
These sessions provide an opportunity for those with Down’s syndrome to take part in fun, sporting activities with the DS Lion Cubs.
Palace for Life Foundation Football Club
- Contact details: email@example.com
- Location: Monks Hill Sport Centre, Farnborough Avenue, Selsdon, South Croydon CR2 8HD
- Age Range: Five years and above
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Palace for Life page on the DS active website
The emphasis is on providing a platform for children with Down’s syndrome to engage with similar children in a fun and safe environment, while enjoying some football. It provides young footballers with Down’s syndrome the opportunity to participate in weekly coaching sessions with like-minded young people of similar abilities.
Shooters Hill Lawn Tennis Club
- Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Shooter Hill Lawn Tennis Club, Eaglesfield Road, London SE18 3DA
- Age Range: five years and above
- Date, time and cost: visit the SHLTC page on the DS Active website
The club aims to provide a tennis and social centre for club members, local people and their families regardless of age, ability, gender, religion and ethnicity. The club also provides opportunities for people to participate in competitive and social tennis, coaching and social events.
South East London Tennis Club
- Location: Ladywell Centre Sports Hall, 148 Dressington Avenue, London
- SE4 1JF
- Contact: email email@example.com
- Age range: five years and above
- Dates, times and cost: visit the South East London Tennis Club page on the DS Active website
South East London Tennis club believes in ‘tennis for all’ and have a passion offering everyone an opportunity to play the sport we love. The aims for the session is to allow individuals the space to grow, learn, make new friends and more importunity have fun.
Downs Friendship and Creativity Group for families of children with Downs Syndrome
- Contact: phone Annee Rust on 07930 393942 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates, times and location: visit the DFCG website
Down’s Friendship & Creativity Group is a support group that focuses on the ability of children with Downs Syndrome and creates a network of friendships and support for all families.
Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC)
- Location: 52-58 Arcola Street, Hackney Downs, London E8 2DJ
- Contact: phone 020 3198 0225
Royal Society for the Blind provide the following services:
- School holiday activities RSBC
- Family support services
- 11-17 year olds social and independence groups
- Health and wellbeing clubs
- Creative groups
Metro Blind Sport
- Contact details: phone Charlie Raven, Sport Development Officer, on 07956 292 046 or email email@example.com
Metro Blind Sport is a registered charity creating fun, sporting opportunities for blind and partially sighted individuals.
Greenwich Power Chair FC
- Location: London Marathon Playing Fields, 304 Shooters Hill Road
- Contact details: phone Sharon Broenshire on 02083 198 111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates, times and cost: cost for more information
Sports and exercise
SEND play sessions at AirThrill
- Held at AirThrill, Unit 4, Catford Island, Plassy Road, Catford, London SE6 2DD
- To book or for more details, please email email@example.com
- Please note that these sessions are closed to the general public.
Saxon Crown Swimming Club
- Glass Mill Leisure Centre
- Downham Health and Leisure Centre
- Wavelengths Leisure Centre
- Crystal Palace National Sports Centre
- Dates, times, age range and cost: visit the Saxon Crown Swimming Club website.
Tiger Sharks by Saxon Crown Swimming Club is for children and adults with physical and/or learning disabilities. This includes (but is not limited to) autism spectrum conditions (including non- or minimally verbal children), Down’s syndrome and cerebral palsy. The club teaches in small groups, with swimming teachers who are experienced in teaching people with additional needs.
- Location: Rope Street, Rotherhithe, London, SE16 7SX
- Contact details: phone 020 7237 9001
- Age Range: 6–17 years old
- Cost, dates and times: visit the Tideway Sailability website.
Children can learn the basics of sailing individually, with their family or in groups.
The AHOY Centre
- Contact details: phone 020 8691 7502
- Location: Borthwick Street, Deptford, London, SE8 3JY
- Age range, dates and cost: visit the AHOY Centre website.
The AHOY is an RYA (Royal Yachting Association) Sailability Centre and the facilities are viewed as a centre of excellence. The AHOY has complete wheelchair access and offers the full range of RYA Sailability courses and qualifications.
Flip and Turn Swim School
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- St Dunstan’s College, Stanstead Road, London, SE6 4TY
- Bromley High School, Blackbrook Lane, Bickley, BR1 2TW
- Age Range: 3 years and over
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Flip and Turn website.
Flip and Turn is suitable for all abilities. Nervous swimmers are welcome. The business teaches diving to all ages.
Francis Hazleton, disability swimming instructor
- Contact details: email Kasule30@googlemail.com; phone 07789374691
- Locations, dates, times and cost: phone Francis or visit Francis’ website.
- Age range: All ages
- 1-2-1 lessons/group lessons for swimmers of all stages and abilities
- Visually impaired-friendly swimming
- Deaf friendly swimming
- Autism friendly swimming
Greenwich Bouncers Trampoline Academy
- Contact details: email email@example.com
- Location: Plumstead Manor School, Old Mill Road, London, SE18 1QF
- Age Range: Children aged two and above; young adults
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Greenwich Bouncers Website.
All classes are fully inclusive for children, young people and adults with a physical and/or learning disability.
SIGNAL Family Support Trampolining
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: The Bridge Leisure Centre, Kangley Bridge Road, Lower Sydenham
- SE26 5AQ
- Age Range: four years and above
- Dates, times and cost: visit the SIGNAL Family Support Trampolining website.
SIGNAL provides two trampolining classes at the Bridge Leisure Centre in Sydenham on Tuesday evenings during term time. It offers two trampolines per session with four children and one ASD-trained instructor per trampoline.
Blackheath Fencing Club
- Contact details: phone James on 07766757315
- Location: Blackheath High School for Girls, 27 Vanbrugh Park, Blackheath, SE3 7AG
- Age Range: 10–16 Years old
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Blackheath Fencing Club website.
Blackheath Fencing Club’s Musketeers sessions are suitable for all abilities and levels of experience.
- Contact details: email email@example.com or phone 07948 802 987
- Myatt Gardens Primary School, Rokeby Road, SE4 1DF
- Dacres Wood Nature Reserve, Honeyfiled Mews, SE23 2NH
- Age range, date, times and cost: visit the Woodcraft Folk website.
In weekly groups, children can sing, take part in drama, discussions, projects and crafts, and learn about local and global issues in a fun, entertaining way.
Fusion Table Tennis Club
- Contact details: email John at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0795813002
- Location: Unit 2 Stockholm Road, London SE16 3LP
- Age Range: 6–14 Years Old
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Fusion Table Tennis Club website.
A community based table tennis club providing a playing environment that encourages growth and well-being and welcomes players of all ages and abilities.
Sydenham Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club
- Location: Sydenham Lawn Tennis Club, Lawie Park Road, London SE26 6ET
- Contact details: phone 020 8778 4217
- Age range: Suitable for all ages
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Sydenham Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club website.
Juniors (4-7 year olds) can learn movement patterns, racket swing shapes, balance, and speed work in a fun, games-based environment. From 10 years old, children can learn to develop power and use of spin, play offensively and defensively, and learn to use match play routines.
First Saturday Family Bike Ride
- Contact details: phone Jane on 07826 559 603
- Location: across Lewisham
- Age range: all ages welcome
- Dates and times: check the First Saturday Family Bike Ride Facebook page
- Cost: free
Short local rides on traffic free paths or quiet rides. Cargo trike available which can carry children who can’t ride independently.
Safe Haven Basketball
- Contact details: email Emma at email@example.com or phone 07813 778 409
- Location: The Black Prince Trust, Beaufoy Walk, London, SE11 6AA
- Age range: 14–25 years old
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Safe Haven website.
Safe Haven is a disability inclusive basketball club for 14-25 year olds. All abilities are welcomed.
- Location: The Bridge Leisure Centre, Kangley Bridge Rd, Lower Sydenham, London, SE26 5AQ
- Contact details: call Sarah Thorn 07960 898764
- Age range: 3–16 years
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Fun Fizzical page on the SIGNAL website.
Sessions are run by qualified gym instructors. Activities include trampoline, ball games, soft shapes, badminton, parachute games and dance. Parents are welcome to stay in the gym or relax in the café area.
Beckenham Place Parkrun
- Location: Beckenham Place Park, Beckenham Hill Rd, Beckenham BR3 5BS
- Age range: All ages
- Cost: free
- Date and time: every Saturday at 9am
The run starts at the Ravensbourne Avenue entrance of the park. There’s no specific end time, the park run finishes when all the runners cross the line.
The Reach (wall climbing)
- Contact details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 8855 9598
- Location: Unit 6, Mellish Estate, Harrington Way, SE18 5NR
- Age range: 7 – 17 years old
- Dates, times and cost: Visit the Reach website.
The Reach encourages committed young climbers to have fun while developing their expertise and evolving as climbers.
Peckham BMX Club inclusive session
- Contact details: phone 020 7993 9883 (Monday to Friday)
- Location: Burgess Park, Albany Road, London, SE5 0AN
- Age Range: five to 18 years
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Peckham BMX club website.
Peckham BMX is inclusive to anyone with any form of disability.
Boxing Specific Body Conditioning
- Contact details: phone Roger on 07956 319 660 or Sarah on 07960 898 764
- Location: The Bridge Leisure Centre, Kangley Bridge Road, Lower Sydenham SE26 5AQ
BSBC runs a weekly body conditioning session for children and families who have special educational needs.
Double Jab Boxing
- Contact details: 020 3719 3393
- Location: Moonshot Centre, Fordham Park, New Cross, London, SE14 6LU
- Age Range: from five years to adults
- Dates, times and costs: visit the Double Jab website.
Double Jab aims to go beyond boxing and teaches discipline, respect and commitment to all our members, giving them the moral foundations to tackle all that life will throw their way. It welcomes all ages and abilities, with the promise of equal opportunity and support.
London Thunder Basketball
- Contact details: email email@example.com
- Locations, dates, times and cost: visit the Thunder Basketball website.
The sessions are for those who are just starting out in basketball, or currently play at their school and want to develop their skills. All sessions are inclusive. Please contact if you have specific requirements.
Wheels for Wellbeing
- Contact details: Call the Session Manager on 07561 166 949
- Location: various
- Age range, dates, times and cost: visit the Wheels for Wellbeing website.
Wheels for Wellbeing runs drop-in inclusive cycling sessions for disabled people and their families, carers or friends, from three bases in south London. Qualified instructors, supported by fantastic volunteers, help participants try cycles or get comfortable on the one that suits them, and offer ongoing support.
Pan Disability Football – Millwall Community Trust
- Contact details: Email Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: The Lions Centre, Bolina Road, SE16 3LD
- Age Range: 18+
- Dates, times and cost: visit the Millwall Community Trust website.
The Pan Disability programme is open to anyone with a disability and allows them to get involved with sport and become part of the Millwall Lion Hearts and Millwall Pan FC.
Ability Counts Football - Charlton Athletic
- Contact details: email Terry Peart at email@example.com or phone 020 8850 2866 or 07837 401597
- Location: Crook Log Leisure Centre, Brampton Road, Bexleyheath, DA7 4HH
- Age range: 7-16 years
- Dates, times and cost: contact Terry Peart
The Ability Counts programme seeks to enhance the lives of young people with disabilities and improve their physical well-being using football.
Other sports and exercise activities
Check the activity alliance events listings to find sports activities in London for people with disabilities.
Children with disabilities can swim in the borough. Find out about swimming lessons, clubs and hydrotherapy pools.
Check the disability football directory to find out about footballing opportunities for people with disabilities.
Things to do at home
Check if a venue is accessible
AccessAble helps people with disabilities make informed choices about visiting venues in the borough. You can check which services, businesses and leisure facilities are best suited to your access needs.
Services for children and young people with SEND
This page is part of the 'local offer' for children and young people with special educational needs
|Telephone:||020 7138 1274 / 020 7138 1307 / 020 3049 1167 / 020 3049 1628 / 020 3049 1276|