Help with energy bills
Get help if you are struggling to pay for energy
- you could get a one-off discount on your electricity bill under the government’s Warm Home Discount Scheme
- if you were born before the 26 September 1952 you may qualify for the governments Winter fuel payment that offers a tax-free sum to help pay for your heating bills
- you can apply for the government's Cold weather payments if the local temperature is, or forecast to be, at, or below, freezing for seven consecutive days and you are in receipt of certain benefits
- if you use alternative fuels for heating you may be eligible for the Alternative fuels payment scheme
- council tax energy rebate scheme aims to help with increased home energy costs
- the Priority Services Register is a free support service that makes sure extra help is available to people in vulnerable situations
- get free practical advice for residents who are over 65 or on a low income and have a long-term health condition or disability via the councils Healthy Homes advice service
- all households are eligible to free advice on how to cut their energy bills by improving the energy efficiency of their homes via the GLA's Energy advice London service
Get more information
Please see our advice on the Cost of living crisis for any further support.
If you're over 65 or on a low income and have a long-term health condition or disability, you can get free advice on how to stay warm and healthy and save money on your energy bills during the colder months from the South London Advice and Referral Network.