Climate Action Investment
The Lewisham Climate Action investment is a type of Community Municipal Investment – an investment model which allows residents to invest their money in projects that benefit the local community and receive a return on their investment.
It aims to boost investment in projects which help reduce carbon emissions and tackle the Climate Emergency and our first raise generated over £650k of investment.
The money raised will be used to finance projects aimed at increasing the use of sustainable transport. The projects that will be funded will include:
- More secure cycle storage on residential streets to encourage more people to travel by bike.
- New electric vehicle charging infrastructure to make it easier for people to switch away from polluting vehicles.
- More planting and greenery on local streets to improve biodiversity and encourage walking.
- New green transport hubs at train stations and in town centres with cycle and car club hire, secure bike storage and electric vehicle charging points.
- Improvements to existing footways and cycle infrastructure to encourage walking and cycling.