Code of corporate governance
Aspects of corporate governance find expression in the everyday practices and procedures of the Council. An overarching code of corporate governance aims to:
- stimulate confidence in the activities of local government, its politicians and employees, and the way the authority goes about its business
- focus the minds of those involved in local government on making decisions in a proper way
- engage with local stakeholders
- assist with continuous improvement in the delivery of services
- minimise the authority’s exposure to risk.