Code of corporate governance
Our code of corporate governance describes how we function and interact with the local community.
Aspects of corporate governance find expression in the everyday practices and procedures of the Council. An overarching code of corporate governance aims to:
- stimulate confidence in the activities of local government, its politicians and employees, and the way the authority goes about its business
- focus the minds of those involved in local government on making decisions in a proper way
- engage with local stakeholders
- assist with continuous improvement in the delivery of services
- minimise the authority’s exposure to risk.