Statement of community involvement
Changes to the Statement of Community Involvement for Design Review Panel referral
The modifications to the Council’s Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) were agreed by Mayor and Cabinet on 12 January 2022. The SCI is revised at para 6.9, page 29 to allow:
- An update to the name for the Design Panel to the Lewisham Design Review Panel
- That schemes are taken at pre-application stage, rather than post formal planning submission.
Temporary changes to the Statement of Community Involvement
The temporary modifications to the Council’s Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) which were agreed by Mayor and Cabinet on 10 June 2020 and extended for a further limited period on 16 September 2020 expired in March 2021. The associated changes to the Council’s Scheme of delegation have also come to an end.
At a meeting of 10 March 2021 the Mayor and Cabinet agreed temporary modifications to the Council's SCI be authorised for a further 18-month period to enable the following:
- Invitations to planning committee meetings and other communications and information (including publication of agendas) relating to planning committee meetings be carried out electronically wherever possible
- Make it explicit that people wishing to speak at planning committee will need to register to speak in advance of the meeting and will need to submit written copies of their speeches in advance of the meeting
- Local Meetings to be able to be held remotely
- Make any necessary amendments regarding the publication of planning applications, agendas and decisions.
These time-limited changes were agreed for a period of 18 months. Find more details about the Mayor and Cabinet meeting and the temporary changes.
Addendum to our adopted Statement of Community Involvement
An addendum to our adopted Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) was approved by Mayor and Cabinet on 9 December 2020 and is now in force.
This addendum is mainly focused on amendments required for preparing planning policy documents. It does not include the emergency temporary modifications made to the SCI relating to planning applications or development management.