Planning performance agreements
For complex schemes (of all development sizes) involving a number of pre-application meetings, our preferred option is to sign a PPA which would include a dedicated planning officer for the project and the opportunity to discuss the scheme through a series of design workshops to inform the development of the proposal.
Why sign up to a PPA?
The benefits of using this service are:
- certainty of timescales for reaching a decision and having a specific planning committee date to work towards
- a project-managed application process that includes a range of professionals involved in the determination of your application
- the opportunity to discuss changes to applications as they arise
- the cost of pre-application advice and resident engagement is included
- access to officers and consultees to enable constructive discussion on planning applications
- named officer contact, so you can discuss your application when you need to.
Does this mean you will get an approval?
We cannot guarantee the outcome of any planning application, but by signing up to a PPA you will be ensuring that you have the best possible chances of a positive conclusion, and that you get a higher level of officer and community involvement in your scheme.
How to enter into a PPA with us
- You discuss your proposal with officers at a concept meeting.
- If a PPA route is decided upon, we agree a project vision and development objectives, working out key dates, timescales and responsible parties.
- We will make an assessment of the resources required for the project.
- You will need to read our template PPA/resourcing agreement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a PPA template.
PPA service fees
- a planned and responsive pre-application process
- a structured and predictable approach from pre-application to decision
- greater flexibility afforded by timescales for decision, without the constraints of the 8/13/16-week requirement for conclusion
- a dedicated officer/constant single point of contact.
Before you enter into a PPA you should make contact with us and arrange a concept level meeting to discuss the principle of development and strategic issues.
|Service||Fee (including VAT)|
|Concept meeting (minor)||£500 (£600 inc VAT)|
|Concept meeting (major)||£1,000 (£1,200 inc VAT)|
- The PPA fee is based upon staff time (daily rates) across the project duration.
- Please contact the Planning Service to discuss PPA fees.
- All PPAs are subject to a £2000 plus VAT arrangement fee to cover administration costs.
- All payments must be received in advance.
Paying for other services
The payment for advice from all other internal services such as Environmental Health, Highways etc is £100 plus VAT per hour (£120 inc VAT).
Any planning advice given by officers- either orally or in writing in the course of their duties- is offered in good faith and is based on the information/evidence provided. Advice is offered without the benefit of a site visit or the involvement of other consultees (not internal and external), neighbours or other interested parties. Such views are therefore the personal opinion of that officer and are not a formal decision of, nor are they binding, on the local planning authority. The local planning authority will only be bound where a formal application is submitted and a formal decision is issued in writing. Much of the information you need to submit an application is also contained on the planning section of our website. We receive a high volume of calls so please look at our online information before contacting us.