Ending your tenancy
Tell us about your move
When you're moving out, you must make sure everyone vacates the property by 10.30am on the date your tenancy ends.
Before you move out you must:
- give us 28 days written notice by completing a tenancy termination notice
- allow us to inspect your property
- pay your rent in full
- ensure the property is clean and tidy
- remove all your belongings
Please drop your keys off at the reception in Laurence House between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
- find out more about ending the tenancy of a deceased person
Informing others of your move
The Post Office can redirect mail from your old home to your new one.
Make sure you tell everyone of your move, including the following companies (where applicable):
- your employer;
- the Department for Work and Pensions if you receive Income Support, a state pension or any other allowance
- our Council Tax team
- your bank, building society and credit card companies
- the Driving Licence Agency (DVLA) – please see your driving licence for details
- your doctor and dentist
- TV licensing, gas, electricity and water companies