Offer an apprenticeship within your company
We want your help with improving our website so it is easier to use, and provides the information that residents need. Help us by filling in this short survey.
Together with borough partners, we run a highly successful apprenticeship programme, matching suitable candidates with available opportunities via our apprenticeship recruitment page targeted specifically at Lewisham residents.
Apprentices are an excellent source of fresh new talent and an extremely cost-effective way of creating a flexible and committed workforce. Their skills can be cultivated and developed to meet the specific needs of your organisation over a relatively short period of time.
Creating new apprenticeship opportunities
If you are thinking of creating an apprenticeship in your organisation we can support you to make this happen. We help local employers in creating apprenticeships in the borough. All we ask is that the apprentice is from Lewisham and is paid the London Living Wage which is currently £11.05 per hour.
What else can we offer?
- advise and support any business thinking of creating new apprenticeship roles regardless of whether they are based in the borough or elsewhere
- offer free advertising and screen applications for eligibility
- provide free skills-screening of applicants according to your specified criteria
- provide information, advice and guidance for potential apprentices
- help you find a training provider, approved by the National Apprenticeship Service, to develop your apprentice's skills
- provide ongoing mentoring for your apprentice
- help identify which grant and employer incentive schemes you may be eligible to apply for to support with the costs of employing an apprentice, including the new KickStart and ‘bonus for new hire’ schemes.
To make a recruitment pledge or find out more about how we can help you, contact our Apprenticeship Team.