Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

What to do if you think your child has SEND

Find out how to have your child assessed for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

If you think your child may have SEND, you should talk to:

  • their teacher or early years worker
  • the lead for SEN in the college

If the school, early years setting or college also thinks your child could have SEND, they will:

  • assess your child
  • put in place support to meet their needs

If your child is not in school or nursery, contact:

  • our special educational needs team
  • your health visitor
  • your GP


Special Educational Needs

Opening hours:

Alternatively, call 0208 314 6369.