How to apply for a forecourt trading licence
You need a street trading licence (forecourt) if you want to:
- display goods on the public highway outside your business premises
- display goods that are not sold in your shop but are within seven meters of the public highway
- put tables or chairs on the public highway outside your business premises
- put tables and chairs within seven metres of the public highway if you are not a restaurant or cafe.
These licences are issued by the Environmental Crime Enforcement Team.
Please note that our standard licence conditions do not permit the selling or displaying of different goods on forecourts: you cannot apply for a licence to do so.
- maximum depth of displays: 1.05 metres (3ft 6in)
- a 2.1 metre (7ft) clear pedestrian footway must be maintained
- selling or displaying different merchandise is not permitted.
Application and licence fees
- application fee: £33 (payable with first invoice)
- licence fee: £6.05 per square metre per week.
- licence renewal/ alteration fee £33
- replacement licence fee £6
- fast track licence fee £60
How to enquire
To enquire about a street trading licence (forecourt) please call us on 0208 314 2170, email us or click the button below.
How to apply for a licence
To apply online for a street trading licence (forecourt), please click on the button below and log in to your Lewisham account. If you do not already have a Lewisham account, you can create an account.
How to apply for a market street trading licence
Please note that there this a different process for applying a market street trading licence or any other street trading licence that is not for trading on the forecourt outside a shop or other business premises. Learn how to apply for a market street trading licence.