How to apply for a forecourt trading licence
You need a street trading licence (forecourt) if you want to:
- display goods on the public highway outside your business premises
- display goods that are not sold in your shop but are within seven meters of the public highway
- put tables or chairs on the public highway outside your business premises
- put tables and chairs within seven metres of the public highway if you are not a restaurant or cafe.
Please note that our standard licence conditions do not permit the selling or displaying of different goods on forecourts: you cannot apply for a licence to do so.
- maximum height of displays: 1.05 metres (3ft 6in)
- a 2.1 metre (7ft) clear pedestrian footway must be maintained
- selling or displaying different merchandise is not permitted.
Application and licence fees
- application fee: £30 (payable with first invoice)
- licence fee: £5.50 per square metre per week.
How to enquire
To enquire about a street trading licence (forecourt) please call us on 0208 314 2170.
How to apply for a licence
To apply online for a street trading licence (forecourt), please click on the button below and log in to your Lewisham account. If you do not already have a Lewisham account, you can create an account.
How to apply for a market street trading licence
Please note that there this a different process for applying a market street trading licence or any other street trading licence that is not for trading on the forecourt outside a shop or other business premises. Learn how to apply for a market street trading licence.