Giving notice to marry or form a civil partnership
We are happy to announce that the register office has reopened for notice appointments.
All appointments booked before the closure period were automatically deferred to 7 December 2020 - you must reschedule your appointment to another date as the office will not be open for notice appointments on that day. Please log in to your account to book a new appointment and reschedule your booking. Any previous fees paid will be moved with your appointment.
If you receive a System Error message, please choose another appointment dateThis is due to the high volume of notice bookings.
If you experience any other problems rescheduling your appointment online please call our contact centre on 020 8690 2128 (Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00).
If either of you are from outside the EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland appointments will be available on a Wednesday only.
If you would rather cancel your booking and request a refund please reply to this email with your name, contact details and booking reference number (starting with CAS).
If you have already given notice, please ignore this email.
Please follow the coronavirus Government guidance at all times.
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has coronavirus symptoms.
On arrival at the Register Office
- Please follow social distancing measures at all times.
- You will be asked to wash and sanitise your hands on entering the building
- Please wear a face covering
- The car park will be closed. There is pay and display parking spaces on Lewisham Park, the postcode for Lewisham Park is SE13 6QZ
- You will be asked to wait outside in a queue until you are called into the building for your appointment, please be prepared for all weather conditions.
- Only the people who need to give notice (and interpreters if required) should attend the appointment.