Find out more about Hither Green including local events, democracy, schools, transport links and more.
A map of Hither Green. Hither Green is an area in the London borough of Lewisham situated between Lewisham, Ladywell, Catford, and Lee.
The area is in Lewisham Central ward.
- Find your local councillors
- Lewisham Central local assembly
- St Swithun's Children's Centre
- Marvel's Lane Children's Centre
- Torridon Children's Centre
Parks and open spaces
Leisure and arts
- Hither Green – Charing Cross, Sevenoaks, Gravesend and Deptford
Walking and cycling
Schools in the area:
Although by the 18th century Hither Green had become a picturesque neighbourhood swathed in farmland and country manors, originally it was founded on land that had not been inhabited since the Black Death of 1350.
The Scottish MP Archibald Corbett transformed most of Hither Green, building more than 3,000 houses alongside schools, churches and libraries. He also deliberately included no public houses!
Published on: 02/06/2011