People's Day 2022
People's Day returned for Lewisham's year as London Borough of Culture.
Back for the first time in four years, People’s Day 2022 featured a unique mix of artists celebrating the very best of Lewisham. We showcased great music, amazing art and food from all over the world. People’s Day was a huge celebration and everyone was invited to come along and enjoy the fun.
We were thrilled to announce the below headliners as well as many more wonderful acts.
On the Main Stage
- Grammy-nominated reggae singer Tippa Irie returned to headline
- Music royalty Hollie Cook shared top billing with her own brand of ‘tropical pop’
- We also had South London’s favourite disco band, All Day Breakfast Café
On the Blue Borough Stage
- Homegrown grime MC Novelist headlined
- Singer-songwriter Nina Rose
- Lewisham-raised 1Xtra DJ Shahlaa Tahira curated a line-up of local musicians, alongside rappers Koder and Sharna Cane and CassKidd.
Unit 137 Sound System
- Unit 137 Sound System celebrated their 10th birthday
- A showcase of friends and family including DEM1NS, Bun Dem Out Records, Lionz Den, Síbín and Alchemy Allstars.
- Merch stall by Done London
On the Kids Stage
- A take over from The Flying Seagull Project– known for their work with child refugees around the world in 23 countries.
When was People's Day?
Saturday 16 July 2022, 12pm - 9pm.
Mountsfield Park, Stainton Road, Catford, SE6 1AN
Information for local residents
Join our People’s Day mailing list
If you’re not already on our mailing list, sign up for emails now so we can keep you up to date with the latest news.
Watch the 2022 People's Day highlights
Thank you to our partners
- Arts Council England
- Lewisham College
- FM Conway
- Lewisham Shopping Centre
- GLL Better
People’s Day Enquiries
Published on: 19/04/2023