Theatre and drama
Find a theatre or performance venue
The 800-seat main stage is both a theatre and music venue. It hosts an annual pantomime season, children's theatre, nostalgic shows and black theatre presentations.
The studio is an intimate 80-seat studio space, regarded as one of London's finest fringe venues.
The Albany has four performance spaces, including its unique central performance space, with a capacity of 300 seated or 500 standing.
The Albany prides itself on being a new type of arts venue, driven by the cultural diversity and creative mix of South-East London. It puts on a diverse programme of events.
Presenting a wide-ranging theatre programme, the Brockley Jack is also host to comedy, events and a film club.
It aims to provide high quality, accessible and affordable productions.
The George Wood Theatre is the principal performing space for Goldsmiths University, where there is an expanding drama department.
A new London fringe theatre in the heart of New Cross. The London Theatre hosts professional theatre companies attracting a diverse range of productions.
Take part in drama or comedy
College Park Players and St George's Players
These are two of the amateur dramatic companies in the borough.
Courses for adults
- offers studies for theatre and performance professionals, as well as putting on theatre and drama courses as part of its professional and community education programme.
- provide professional training in all aspects of acting and stagecraft. See the adult education prospectus for acting courses.
- offer drama courses for people over 55 years.
- runs the London Comedy Course which provides professional stand up comedy training using headline comics as tutors.
- fuse world theatre, dance and music experiences with both workshop and performance opportunities. They also hold a regular young director's programme.
Theatre where you least expect it! Theatro Vivo is a critically acclaimed theatre company making playful and exciting immersive shows in unusual spaces. They tell stories in surprising ways; bringing Shakespeare to supermarkets, exploring The Odyssey on the streets of Deptford, or exposing the truth behind the British arms trade in public squares.
Based at the fhspace in Forest Hill. Explore site specific, experimental, environmental and international work.
Find theatre and drama contacts in the borough.
Exhibition, rehearsal and performance venues
Search the venues and arts spaces directory.