The validation process
See what the validation process is after your application is received.
Changes to the Scheme of Delegation
On 29 March 2023, members agreed changes to the Council’s constitution and scheme of delegation.
The new scheme will be applied to applications with a Statutory Start Date of 30 March 2023 or later. The changes are:
- 10 or more objections will be required to trigger a planning committee meeting
- A scheme with an amenity society objection will be referred to a Chairs’ Review meeting
After the application is received:
- We create a file and allocate an application number. This number is your planning application reference and should be quoted whenever you contact us about the application.
- The application is allocated to a planning officer.
- Once allocated, the planning officer undertakes a pre-validation check to make sure that the application meets our local requirements list.
If the application is valid
- The validation team process the application and send you an acknowledgement letter with a site notice and guidance notes.
- The validation team create a list of neighbours to consult (if appropriate).
- Letters are sent to neighbours.
- A number of statutory external and internal consultees are contacted for their comments on the application e.g. Thames Water, conservation officers, Environment Agency.
- The application is scanned and becomes available on the website.
- It is then given to the planning officer for assessment and to make a recommendation.
If the application is invalid
- You will receive an email or letter stating the reasons it is invalid.
- The application is then suspended until the requested information is received.
- The time limit for suspending the application is 21 days. After this period, the application is withdrawn and this is confirmed by either letter or email.
- Once an application has been withdrawn, you will need to submit a new application.
For guidance on time periods for determining applications, please visit the government's Planning Practice Guidance website.
Published on: 08/03/2022