Move into a smaller social house
Social housing tenantsWho can apply?
You can get help moving to a smaller property if you rent a social housing home and have more bedrooms than you need. This is called under-occupation.
What support you can get
Trading Places can help you with:
- registering for Homesearch to find a new property
- advice for bidding on properties
- moving to another borough through Housing Moves
- swapping your home with another social housing tenant
- dealing with landlords
- dealing with housing benefit and welfare advisers
- budgeting and debt advice
- referrals to organisations that can help you find work
- information on housing options outside of London
- house viewings and during your move.
Find out about other housing options available to social housing tenants living in the borough.