Lewisham Council Homepage Skip navigation

Advice for private tenants

Information for people who live in privately rented accommodation.
The Housing Options Centre at Laurence House is currently closed due to COVID-19

If you need housing advice please call 020 8314 7007. We will refer anyone homeless or at risk of homelessness to our Homeless Prevention and Assessments Team who will assess you by phone.

You are able to use the Freephone service in Laurence House if you do not have access to a telephone. Please note that there continues to be no face-to-face service and you will not be seen by an officer if you present here.

Your landlord's responsibilities

Find out what your landlord is responsible for.

Get housing advice

Answer a few short questions to get advice about your housing situation.

Problems with your landlord

Find out what to do if you have problems with your landlord

Repairs for older and disabled people

We help older and/or disabled residents to live independently for longer.

Keeping your home warm

We can provide a support package to help vulnerable residents stay warm and healthy during the colder months.

Private Renters' Union

We are working with private renters to support the launch of a dedicated Private Renters’ Union for Lewisham.

What is an HMO?

​Find out what an HMO is and which ones need a licence.