Report tree problems
We want your help with improving our website so it is easier to use, and provides the information that residents need. Help us by filling in this short survey.
We are responsible for trees in these places:
- public parks
- nature reserves
- roadside verges
- other green spaces we maintain
- trees on housing estates managed by Lewisham Homes.
We are not responsible for trees in these places:
- private gardens
- private roads.
- red routes – report issues with trees on red routes to Transport for London.
Report a problem with a tree in a public space
You need to have an online account to report a problem with a tree. If you don't have one, click 'Report a problem with a tree' and follow the steps to create an account.
What happens next
- We will send you an email confirmation.
- We will investigate and decide if the tree poses a risk to health and safety or is causing damage to properties.
- If we find there is an immediate risk we will finish work as soon as possible.
- If there is no immediate risk, we will inspect the tree within 28 days and aim to complete work within 36 months.
You can check the status of an existing report. You will need your reference number, which was in your email confirmation message.